ASCI in Spain for Christmas?

Retread24800

Just for a change we thought that a week in Spain over Christmas might be pleasant, So reading this learned Forum we selected the town of Benicasim for our stay (much against my wishes but TOH wants a site for a change), so using the ASCI site selector on line I queried two , Azahar and Bonterra. Bonterra stated that they do not take bookings with ASCI and quoted some 24€ per night. While not quoting an aversion to ASCI Azahar quoted a similar price.

Is this what you pay or is it OK to turn up on spec and use the card? 

You just turn up and present card and get the offer rate, €14, €16 or whatever. I do not see you being able to book in advance as if for example a non card holder turned up and was prepared to pay full price then they would loose out. I looked at the CCC rates and it was cheaper going direct and using the card

We were there for about 6 weeks in late 2012 having just pitched up and presented our ACSI card. At Bonterra they do have an area at the top of the park which they sort of 'reserve' for ACSI Users if you are short staying. Those pitches were generally shadier than the main part of the site which they liked to keep for their 'regulars'........We said we would be staying for a few weeks and they said it was fine to go anywhere that was free (not too many pitches actually)so we had a look around and selected one.

At the end of our stay we were given a choice regarding payment, awe could just have the ACSI rate (€16) or we could have their long term rate, can't remember exactly, and then add electricity at their rate.

Some people were out with the calculators but for us the ACSI rate was fine.

macclad - 2013-10-08 3:33 PM

hy we are in Almeria is there parking place at Murcia airport or Alicante to leave camper for 6 weeks thanks

I am booked into Victoria Parking at Alicante airport for about 3 months. They take you to and collect from the airport. Not cheap but ticked all the boxes required by insurance company. If you Google 'parking Alicante airport' you will get a number of companies.

Guest pelmetman
macclad - 2013-10-08 3:33 PM

hy we are in Almeria is there parking place at Murcia airport or Alicante to leave camper for 6 weeks thanks

They store campers at "camping lomonte", and the price is quite reasonable by all accounts, and 20 minutes from Murcia airport ;-)

http://www.campinglomonte-alicante.es/

Archived