Do not miss out on enhanced annuities

CliveH

AND ANOTHER ONE TO WIND FRANK UP!!!!

But it is a serious point - people are NOT getting annuity advice when they retire it seems - many are just taking the income offered by the pension provider - which can be as much as 35% lower that what is available on the open market and if you have a medical condition far far lower still.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

New Model Adviser

Andrew Tully on Oct 10, 2013 at 11:57

"Uptake of enhanced annuities are accelerating steeply, but they are still almost exclusively bought by those getting financial advice, due in part to the failure of the life companies’ code of practice to change anything.

While advisers would now need to justify why they did not recommend an enhanced annuity, it is a bad state of affairs for the non-advised.

Overall, the enhanced market has exploded. Last year, sales reached more than £4.5 billion: 31% of all annuities sold, according to the Association of British Insurers (ABI). But despite the fact that up to seven out of 10 retirees could qualify, enhanced annuities are still the reserve of those who get advice.

Shopping around

Although there is a booming non-advised annuity purchase channel, only 5% of the value of annuities sold on non-advised terms was enhanced last year.

This has increased to 18% for the second quarter of 2013, but it is largely due to better interrogation of consumers, both on the telephone and online.

From April to July this year, 52% of people bought an annuity with the holding provider, but only a pitifully low 6% of those bought an enhanced annuity.

The hope was that the ABI code would encourage shopping around by getting providers to put the message clearly upfront. But the initial signs show there has not been any sharp increase in those buying from another provider.

The key to solve this issue is getting help in making retirement decisions and this is where another initiative might be useful.

The Pension Income Choice Association, which has lobbied for the open market option to be the default choice at retirement, will shortly launch an adviser directory that will guide consumers to find professional help to navigate the retirement maze.

The directory will include both advised and non-advised propositions, and hopefully, just by visiting the directory, consumers will be more likely to walk away with a higher retirement income. For instance, this service would quiz people about their lifestyle and medical history.

I would put a £ to a penny you could benefit from this Frank B-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Had Enough
CliveH - 2013-10-10 12:41 PM

AND ANOTHER ONE TO WIND FRANK UP!!!!

But it is a serious point - people are NOT getting annuity advice when they retire it seems - many are just taking the income offered by the pension provider - which can be as much as 35% lower that what is available on the open market and if you have a medical condition far far lower still.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

New Model Adviser

Andrew Tully on Oct 10, 2013 at 11:57

"Uptake of enhanced annuities are accelerating steeply, but they are still almost exclusively bought by those getting financial advice, due in part to the failure of the life companies’ code of practice to change anything.

While advisers would now need to justify why they did not recommend an enhanced annuity, it is a bad state of affairs for the non-advised.

Overall, the enhanced market has exploded. Last year, sales reached more than £4.5 billion: 31% of all annuities sold, according to the Association of British Insurers (ABI). But despite the fact that up to seven out of 10 retirees could qualify, enhanced annuities are still the reserve of those who get advice.

Shopping around

Although there is a booming non-advised annuity purchase channel, only 5% of the value of annuities sold on non-advised terms was enhanced last year.

This has increased to 18% for the second quarter of 2013, but it is largely due to better interrogation of consumers, both on the telephone and online.

From April to July this year, 52% of people bought an annuity with the holding provider, but only a pitifully low 6% of those bought an enhanced annuity.

The hope was that the ABI code would encourage shopping around by getting providers to put the message clearly upfront. But the initial signs show there has not been any sharp increase in those buying from another provider.

The key to solve this issue is getting help in making retirement decisions and this is where another initiative might be useful.

The Pension Income Choice Association, which has lobbied for the open market option to be the default choice at retirement, will shortly launch an adviser directory that will guide consumers to find professional help to navigate the retirement maze.

The directory will include both advised and non-advised propositions, and hopefully, just by visiting the directory, consumers will be more likely to walk away with a higher retirement income. For instance, this service would quiz people about their lifestyle and medical history.

I would put a £ to a penny you could benefit from this Frank B-)

I'm feeling a bit sorry for Clive as he desperately tries to get the respect and admiration of the members by constantly posting these articles, which I'm sure must be of deep interest to the average motorhomers who make up the largest membership on this site.

I just can't believe that he isn't getting a massive response to these interesting and thought-provoking articles from 'THE PINKS'. I just thought I'd put that in capitals to remind you that he never gets his news from ordinary papers like the rest of us!

I'd hate him to get discouraged so I've decided to help him feel better about himself by replying to any thread that is ignored by the selfish people on here who don't seem to realise the value of his contributions from 'THE PINKS'. (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest Had Enough
antony1969 - 2013-10-23 6:44 PM

Call me thick but am I the only one who feels that maybe Clive and Frankie aren't getting on too well ?

He clearly thinks about me all the time Anthony. This is another opening post where he mentions my name or has a little go. Very flattering really! ;-)

He said "AND ANOTHER ONE TO WIND FRANK UP!!!! Oh dear - poor man! He can't get me out of his tiny brain! ;-) And I hadn't posted here for a couple of weeks!

I did think I'd give him a rest but a) People were ignoring many of his threads, which must be hurtful for the poor chap and b) he's clearly missing me! (lol) (lol) (lol)

So I thought I'd pop in and save several of his rivetting threads from disappearing off the front page without a single response. Again!

Am I a nice guy or what? (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Lovable that's me! ;-) Who else would pander to his ego like this eh? ;-)

Ps You must look at the Co-Pilot thread and make up your own mind if Clive is being a bit pathetic again! (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2013-10-23 7:20 PM

even down to the threats of legal action .

I hope they don't end up screwing each other 8-)................

Legally I mean't ;-)

Guest Had Enough
Tracker - 2013-10-23 7:14 PM

Had Enough - 2013-10-23 6:55 PM

Am I a nice guy or what?

Since you ask - no you are not a nice guy(lol)(lol)

But don't take my word for it - ask Clive!!

I'm deeply hurt.

Had Enough - 2013-10-23 7:26 PM

Am I a nice guy or what?

I'm deeply hurt.

Sorry Frank - as you know, I would never deliberately set out to hurt you - well not always anyway - but you did ask - so I thought you deserved an honest answer!!

Guest Had Enough
Tracker - 2013-10-23 7:46 PM

Had Enough - 2013-10-23 7:26 PM

Am I a nice guy or what?

I'm deeply hurt.

Sorry Frank - as you know, I would never deliberately set out to hurt you - well not always anyway - but you did ask - so I thought you deserved an honest answer!!

Well, I'm still deeply hurt. After all the nice things I've said about you as well.

Had Enough - 2013-10-23 7:53 PM

Well, I'm still deeply hurt. After all the nice things I've said about you as well.

Oh dear - we can't have you deeply hurt now can we as that would really upset your fan club!

Please refer me to the nice bits that you said about me and I will have them printed in gold foil and framed to hang on the garage wall - in place of the dartboard!

I suspect that the cost of doing this will be very low?

Am I a nice guy or what?

Since you ask - no you are not a nice guy. You are an arsehole.(lol)(lol)

You might have something there Richard. :D

Guest Had Enough
Tracker - 2013-10-23 8:27 PM

Had Enough - 2013-10-23 7:53 PM

Oh dear - we can't have you deeply hurt now can we as that would really upset your fan club!

Please refer me to the nice bits that you said about me and I will have them printed in gold foil and framed to hang on the garage wall - in place of the dartboard!

I suspect that the cost of doing this will be very low?

You have a very nice shirt. ;-)

Guest Had Enough
peter - 2013-10-23 9:25 PM

Mines better. :D

I'm on the fence here. You both have very nice shirts. Richard's would have been cheaper though. ;-) Only because he's a shrewd consumer with an eye for a bargain. Yours is clearly a designer label. (lol)

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2013-10-23 9:36 PM

donna miller - 2013-10-23 9:35 PM

I prefer mine. :-D

It needs an iron :D

Why have you started using a photograph of your bath?

Had Enough - 2013-10-23 9:20 PM

You have a very nice shirt.

Thank you - what a nice man you might be - actually I have two of they nice shirts 'cos when I bought them they were a clearance line and BOGOF in the top fashion shop - Matalan.

So when I say bogof to you Frank I hope you will understand that I am not being rude - just stating a fact!

peter - 2013-10-23 10:43 PM

donna miller - 2013-10-23 9:35 PM

I prefer mine. :-D

So do I. :->

She has a nice mind as well.

When Donna has a go at you - you REALLY know it!!!!

When Frank has a go at you it is like being "savaged by a dead sheep" as stated in that famous HoC speech.

Still he tries hard.

Bless him

Archived