Calling all Fiat Ducato users

Fiat Ducato

We have a Fiat Ducato Eura Mobil Sport on a 1998 plate, which is our first and we have only owned it about 2 months, so far been up North touring around the Lake District up to Carlisle and back down to Dover, and just got back from touring around Europe covering over 3500km without any problems - Apart from our 12v fridge doesn't work on 12v or gas, it was working on gas but now as problems igniting, smell gas but no flame.

I Took the outside panel off and cleaned the connections. It works fine on 240v. I've downloaded the instructions for the system Electroblock EBL 200-6 and it mentions about a relay that operates both the awning light and fridge, Stops the awning light from working while the engine is running and the fridge from running when the engine is not running. Well the awning light works while the engine is running and we are moving. (Only tried it for a minute). Could this be the problem? But also the leisure (Habitation) battery does not charge from the alternator while we are travelling, charges from the mains on 240v which is how we managed to get along. I think some body as messed around with the system at some point and added another mains charger. Turned out the only reason it wasn't charging from 240v was because of the glass fuse inside the Electroblock. Sorted that now and charges fine from mains, so turned off other added battery charger. Also the water tank gauge and battery level gauge do not work either.

So to all you Fiat Ducato owners out there, could you please tell me the locations of the relays and fuses especially for the fridge and any ideas how whats going on and how to fix the problems would be very much appreciated? I can add pictures if need be if it helps.

Also my temperature always shows only on first 1/4 not half even after been driving for hours is this normal?

Regards

Paul

Hi and welcome to the forum

Most of the problems you discribe are not Fiat Ducato issues the are the convertors add ons. This means that the re, ay you are looking for could be different from my Autotrail on a Ducato. Ours are on the cable next to the engine battery there are two they are about the size and shape of a box or OXO cubes. Try swapping with each other and see if it makes a difference. I renewed both of mine when I had a similar problem and all was fixed. I then opened the relays up and found that one was rusted up and all I needed to do was clean it up and it now works fine as a spare.

The water tank gauge not working is a common problem it is usually caused by lime scale on the sensor. I put two 1 ltr bottles of malt vinegar in with a full tank of water drove around for a while then emptied it out and flushed the tank with clean water, it now works fine.

The other issues I can not help with it would need some fault finding by an electrician for the battery and a mechanic for the temperture gauge. Unless you fancy just replacing components until they work properly.

Hello,

Your Post should really have been headed all 'Euro Mobile Sport' users. As your faults are mainly specific to your 'Conversion' not the base vehicle. As you might have noticed, nearly all motorhomes are mounted on Fiat Ducato base vehicles or it's 'Badge engineered' cousins.

Must admit the 'Awning light' bit is a new one on me. Obviously the Fridge , Battery charge via the Alternator and electric step should have relays that work to make them activate via the engine Ign. switch. And these are usually under the vehicle Bonnet. but not always. Good luck.

Ray

I had the same problem, no 12volt fridge or leisure battery charging.

On my 2002 model ducato, from the alternator is a grey wire and it has an inline fuse on the wire.

The spring pressure in the fuse was weak due to rust etc.

Chopped out the fuse and fitted a new standard inline fuse and both fridge AND leisure battery charging worked perfectly.

Follow the wires from the alternator and see if there is a fuse in the system.

Fit an inline blade fuse the same as the fusebox blades.

My 02 has the older engine in it

My temp gauge on a 2005 2.3 lt FIATstarted going from start up into the middle section on the gauge instantly, did not have time to sort it before a 7 week trip to Germany and Austria but on the second day of this trip the gauge just reverted to working normally. I think its a FIAT thing. LOL B-)

Archived