Gas hob burner problermo

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

guess what..not the burner, but the valve (under black nob you turn, to let gas through)....

going to try and get one in camping shop down the road,failing that call Stuart and he will try and get one...I thought what the hell, just get a new hob when i get home..impossible to do internet search from here as so slow, but one I found was £250 (me thinking about £80) so will go for the spare part me finks! :-D

Stuart well known on this site, mainly satellite TV but plumbing/electrics etc...etc....very decent and reasonable. for those that over winter down here: 0034 606 139591

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DHL . we had a part for boat couriered out to us when in Brittany, by them Arranged by the supplier on the Friday, and arrived on the Tuesday, pretty good , considering not much happens in France at weekends.. If wife brought it out, as a seperate parcel, opened with the invoice, maybe OK?? UNLESS she is travelling with Ryan Air!!

Any way I am sure you can manage with one burner and BBQ, as you said, You don't need to cook salads!

Hope the weather is keeping fine for when Mrs M arrives

PJay

Guest JudgeMental
pepe63 - 2013-10-22 11:40 AM

See!..you won't be told,will you Eddie..

Now, if only you'd have bought a Brit' van, you could've just fired up the Aga and done some baking! :D

Have good break,mate. ;-)

Plenty of really good restaurants about as well.....love the tapas, Benidorm really is a proper Spanish town at heart..lovely in old town in evening. its a bit like the relationship Brighton has with London, Benidorm basically Madrid on sea.

Cant get valve locally so will leave it tilI get home...wouldapperciate if someone couldID part number soi can order one..internet impossible here, next time I will buy a dongle!

PJay, Ryan air?...please!....BA for Mrs M :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental

Seeing events were overtaken somewhat with 2nd failure of trauma securemotion valve, throwing a pretty insignificant drama into an f'ing crisis, I left this issue go but now need to sort it. By the time I get a new control valve which was the fault anyway. (gas gets to valve) and as have wrecked burner as drilled it out, but could be fixed with self tapers. And pay someone to sort it out I'm thinking I may as well just fit a new hob which is a DIY proposition....

http://tinyurl.com/qx5eogf

Have not measured up slot yet, but ebay has a Crammer with glass lid, and if not the same it's a very similar looking 2 burner hob, for about £166 delivered...in fact pretty sure it's the one.....they were £250 when I looked on line down in Spain......

JudgeMental - 2013-11-14 8:28 AM

http://tinyurl.com/qx5eogf

Have not measured up slot yet, but ebay has a Crammer with glass lid, and if not the same it's a very similar looking 2 burner hob, for about £166 delivered...in fact pretty sure it's the one.....they were £250 when I looked on line down in Spain......

....or alternatively, buy from here (scroll page to appropriate part):

http://www.rainbowconversions.co.uk/equipment/kitchen/smev.htm

....which confirms the correct part number (from your early posts), and is a couple of quid cheaper.

(....and oddly enough, is the same address as your Grasshopper Leisure eBay listing) ;-)

You will be lucky to get those screws out, I had a problem  on my Hymer  with the hob, I broke the screw heads off trying to get them out,rusted in, I ended up drilling them out and re tapping a  slightly larger thread and used slightly bigger screws on replacement.

Guest JudgeMental
vindiboy - 2013-11-14 2:45 PM

You will be lucky to get those screws out, I had a problem  on my Hymer  with the hob, I broke the screw heads off trying to get them out,rusted in, I ended up drilling them out and re tapping a  slightly larger thread and used slightly bigger screws on replacement.

ended up drilling them out as you did, and thats what i was going to do, but seeing as its the control valve and not the burner..quicker and easier to swap the whole bloomin thing :-S

• 2 years later...

I have a Dometic Cramer hob. The top plate of the burner assembly is held down with 2 Torx screws.

I used a Torx T6 socket to remove these, purchased from Halfords.

I may be barking up the wrong tree but I don't have the time to read the previous 63 posts.

Archived