The prison reform trust?

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Just wondering who's picking up the tab for their liberal bleeding heart views Peter *-)...........plus I'd like to compare their budget with the Victims equivalent............If there is one? :-S

The Victims of Crime Trust was an English charity which aimed at providing care assistance to victims of serious crime, as well as raising awareness of the issues that are faced by victims of crime in the aftermath of the crime.

It was founded in 1994, and from 1996 was extensively involved in support for families of murder and manslaughter victims.

Its founder and director was Norman Brennan, a former police officer.

Its accounts and Annual Returns which should have been sent to the Charity Commission were several years overdue in July 2010 and its website withdrawn from service.

The Charity Commission removed the trust's registration on 9 December 2010 on the grounds that it had "ceased to exist".[1]

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2013-10-16 6:47 PM

Just a query ;-)......................is the PRT another taxpayer funded quango? :-S............

Nope. Just googled their website

Prison Reform Trust

We do not accept government funding and rely entirely on voluntary donations.

PS here's the weblink http://www.prisonreformtrust.org.uk/SupportOurWork

As Churchill said, 'You can tell how civilized a country is by the way it treats its prisoners.'

Peter James - 2013-10-19 11:25 PM

Just a query ;-)......................is the PRT another taxpayer funded quango? :-S............

Prison Reform Trust

As Churchill said, 'You can tell how civilized a country is by the way it treats its prisoners.'

Peter whats happened to the rest of your thread ? I'm not seeing any mention or our royal family in this one . Are you poorly or sumat ?

Guest pelmetman

Prison Reform Trust

I wonder how much prisoners and ex prisoners donate?.....................as most of their funding appear to comes from left wing lawyers and humanist foundations ;-)............................ do they fund a similar organisation for victims I wonder? *-) .....

Plus your quote Peter, apparently from Churchill is often trotted out.....

'You can tell how civilized a country is by the way it treats its prisoners.'

But to whom did he refer? :-S............. I suspect he was referring to POW's, which would certainly put a different spin on it ;-).................

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2013-10-20 9:27 AM

Prison Reform Trust

I wonder how much prisoners and ex prisoners donate?.....................as most of their funding appear to comes from left wing lawyers and humanist foundations ;-)............................ do they fund a similar organisation for victims I wonder? *-) .....

But to whom did he refer? :-S............. I suspect he was referring to POW's, which would certainly put a different spin on it ;-).................

Victims can get help from taxpayer funded agencies, and from people that don't operate inside prisons.

As far as I am aware, prisoners have only this one, and its funded only by people who chose to donate their own money.

The prisoners we hear most about are the worst ones who probably deserve all they get.

But you need to remember there are a lot of people in prison who ought to be out, and a lot more out who ought to be in. Prisoners can be victims too.

Spare a thought for the poor sod who got 4 years for helping himself to a case of water from an already looted shop, (whilst those who trashed it and beat up innocent bystanders got away). Who else is going to help him survive in prison?

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2013-10-20 11:19 AM

pelmetman - 2013-10-20 9:27 AM

Prison Reform Trust

Victims can get help from taxpayer funded agencies, and from people that don't operate inside prisons.

As far as I am aware, prisoners have only this one, and its funded only by people who chose to donate their own money.

The prisoners we hear most about are the worst ones who probably deserve all they get.

But you need to remember there are a lot of people in prison who ought to be out, and a lot more out who ought to be in. Prisoners can be victims too.

Spare a thought for the poor sod who got 4 years for helping himself to a case of water from an already looted shop, (whilst those who trashed it and beat up innocent bystanders got away). Who else is going to help him survive in prison?

"Prisoners can be victims too.".................I suspect every one in prison will tell you its not their fault *-)

Did the person you quote do 4 years Peter?.........at the very worst he did two ;-)...........the fact that others got away doesn't negate the fact that he was doing a spot of thieving during a riot..............

I have no sympathy for him.............or anyone else who ends up locked up for carrying out criminal acts of their own volition.

People who are in prison due to mental illness then that's a different question all together, and they deserve a different approach, although locking some of them up will still be necessary for their and our safety :-|....

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2013-10-20 12:10 PM

"Prisoners can be victims too.".................I suspect every one in prison will tell you its not their fault *-)

Then you suspect wrong

locked up for carrying out criminal acts of their own volition.

You have a touching faith in politicians to define what is 'criminal' *-)

Hitler did nothing 'criminal' under the laws he made.

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2013-10-20 12:27 PM

Not at all ;-)..................I just happen to know the difference between right and wrong :D

Its a bit early for Godwin's law to raise its head Peter? 8-)..........this threads only 10 posts long........is it a record? (lol) (lol)

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2013-10-20 12:35 PM

...I just happen to know the difference between right and wrong :D

That may be so, but you don't decide what is 'criminal'

As for Godwins Law, I thought after I had posted I should have said Stalin, because Stalin was worse than Hitler and Britain saved him.

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2013-10-20 12:35 PM

.I just happen to know the difference between right and wrong :D

I am sure you are a decent guy. But you sound like a soldier that has been trained to see everything in black and white. Which means you see only good or evil, right or wrong. It means you don't see any "grey" or middle ground. You either see something as good or bad. And that's it. There's no, "it could be right in a given situation..." it's always "no, this is wrong" or "no this is right". Someone with no excuses for behavior and just sees things clean cut and sharp. How else could soldiers be persuaded to give 100% - their life to defend their Government unless soldiers were convinced their Government was totally right, and the other totally wrong.

Wheras outside the military almost everything is shades of grey.

Peter James - 2013-10-20 12:27 PM

Then you suspect wrong

locked up for carrying out criminal acts of their own volition.

That may or may not be true - but he certainly broke many International laws.

Archived