Sanef sensor on overhead bed camper

Billggski

Yes, I used the sensor in September and meant to post on here to give results but keep forgetting. I will have to find time to find the thread again.

I used the sensor with no problems in my car earlier in the year. In September I transferred it to my m/home and thought I would do a short journey first to try it out. No problem entering the auto-routes which I tried about 3 or 4 times. Getting off was a nightmare though and each time I had to speak on the telephone with interesting results; one time I even had to reverse out. However, each time I asked them to operate the barrier for me: one did, one said no "pas possible" and a third said (in English for some reason!) enter the light. I could not think what he meant until I remembered a post on here some time ago from someone who had a similar overhang. I took down the sensor and waved it at the posts (which one should I point it at??) and eventually the barrier went up. Problem is I am very short so cannot reach the windscreen lower down but eventually I succeeded!

I am about to email them to obtain another support. They gave me two when I joined but one is in my car. I think it is a great piece of technology and will certainly use again. Don't worry about being 3m-ish as I am 3.2 with the satellite dome and (with a bit of a fiddle!) it works for me.

I should add that I bought in France, not the English version, so that is why I received two supports.

Edit: you can see my overhang on my avatar.

I have just read the "small print" and yes, you do need a French bank account. I actually bought Bip and Go which is Sapn, part of Sanef but a separate website. I bought it on the A13 auto-route service area near to Rouen which you can walk into from a carpark.on the ordinary road.

The small print mentions that anyone using the "badge" when over the height or weight restrictions for classe 2 will be treated as fraud. It also says that the badge must not be left active in a vehicle but replaced in the special bag given initially with the badge.

I have decided not to email to request another support as the postage in France would be 6€ so I will collect one on an auto-route somewhere or do as another poster suggests, and wave it out of the window.

We will have to be careful that this does not start a new trend of Motorhome drivers waving tags at p'eages and then dropping them out the window. As a coach driver for over 20 years I have never seen this done before, we much prefer to back-up and upset the drivers behind us.

Seriously though if you have any kind of overhang overhead, you should mount the tag in the bottom middle of the windscreen. if you have no mount, try a bit of blue-tack on the dash, it could still work. I would not put the tag through the window under any circumstances except to give to the attendant in a manned booth

Clive.

Patricia - 2013-10-19 10:15 PM

I have just read the "small print" and yes, you do need a French bank account. I actually bought Bip and Go which is Sapn, part of Sanef but a separate website. I bought it on the A13 auto-route service area near to Rouen which you can walk into from a carpark.on the ordinary road.

The small print mentions that anyone using the "badge" when over the height or weight restrictions for classe 2 will be treated as fraud. It also says that the badge must not be left active in a vehicle but replaced in the special bag given initially with the badge.

I have decided not to email to request another support as the postage in France would be 6€ so I will collect one on an auto-route somewhere or do as another poster suggests, and wave it out of the window.

I hate to contradict but if you buy your tag thro the UK site you DO NOT need a french bank account. After using the tolls my UK account is charged at the end of the month after use. So we use the tag in January we don't get charged untill the end of February.

If you buy the tag through Sanef UK you do not need a French bank account.

I travel alone and this year found the tag a bonus when at peage. No struggling to get to the pay machine. Some barriers are a bit slow opening so drive forward slowly.

Regarding Luton beds fix the tag at the bottom of the windscreen.

crbtaylor - 2013-10-20 9:49 AM

Patricia - 2013-10-19 10:15 PM

I hate to contradict but if you buy your tag thro the UK site you DO NOT need a french bank account. After using the tolls my UK account is charged at the end of the month after use. So we use the tag in January we don't get charged untill the end of February.

You are quite correct BUT I did not mention the UK branch. I was answering the OP re my purchase in France to which he queried whether to buy that way required a French bank account. The answer to that is, yes.

Clive, my comment about waving it outside the window was in jest but I forgot to add the exclamation mark. I have no intention of doing that and will follow others' advice and find a means of fixing it lower down. I just need to somehow get the support off the window - it seems well and truly stuck. Any suggestions please gentlemen? I don't want to break the windscreen for the sake of 6€. I have found a brand new sticky patch I can use if I can remove it.

Archived