Messaging. The future ?

Will86

I was 5 when I stared school in 1934. My first attempt at creating a message in its written form was by holding a stick of chalk and making lines on a rectangular piece of grey slate held within a framework of wood.

In order to pass my message to others I would have to lift the slate and show what I had written, the furthest it could be seen was about 10 feet away.

Today I sit here and press buttons on an arrangement of plastic shapes that can be instantly seen and read all around the world in micro seconds and even to the moon if I were connected via a suitable signal.

What of the next 80 years, can we ever communicate in a better way. I doubt it ?

Will85 - 2013-10-19 1:26 PM

What of the next 80 years, can we ever communicate in a better way. I doubt it ?

Interesting question.

No doubt we will use different methods of communicating, but surely it can't get much faster.

Unfortunately we are not likely to communicate " better " - things will always be taken the wrong way !

( Bit like this forum at times ).

;-)

We could perhaps trial a new idea where instead of kids texting each other they walk round to their friends home, knock on the door and when answered by their friend's Mum politely ask - 'hello Mrs Wotsername, is Wotsisname in please?'

Whereupon Mrs Whatsername smiles, beckons you in and says 'yes Wotsisname is in, why not come in and see what he is up to', whereupon visiting child says ' thank you Mrs Wotsername, shall I take my shoes off?

Now that would be real communication and learning of interpersonal skills which are so crucial in the real world.

But that will only happen in Utopia - a long way from the UK!!

Archived