Shade or a solar panel ?

Will86

Guest pelmetman
Will85 - 2013-10-20 4:08 PM

Mrs T died, she got blown off a cliff edge wearing her baggy knickers

Oh dear :'( ...............I hope she didn't spill her cocktail ;-)................. :D

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2013-10-20 4:21 PM

Tracker - 2013-10-20 2:39 PM

That's probably our next Americas Cup entry!

As a little aside, did you see the America's Cup this year? Jesus H Christ, large catamarans at best part of 50mph on a tiny hydrofoil.

Saw some of it 8-)...................amazing B-).................I doubt Ben Ainsley should visit NZ for a while :D

As a little aside, did you see the America's Cup this year? Jesus H Christ, large catamarans at best part of 50mph on a tiny hydrofoil.

A very large and extremely muscular person who worked for me asked if he could take a year's unpaid leave because he sailed 18ft skiffs at international standard and wanted to really give it a go. Google it and you see these boats doing 30 knots with the 3rd man inches above the water and his feet about 6ft from the edge of the boat.. When they nose-dive the crew end up hitting the water a long way in front of the boat!

Muswell - 2013-10-20 5:14 PM

A very large and extremely muscular person who worked for me asked if he could take a year's unpaid leave because he sailed 18ft skiffs at international standard and wanted to really give it a go. Google it and you see these boats doing 30 knots with the 3rd man inches above the water and his feet about 6ft from the edge of the boat.. When they nose-dive the crew end up hitting the water a long way in front of the boat!

One of my most spectacular (I'm told) wipe outs was at a guestimated 25 to 30kts on a broad reach, when I was hit by an overpowering gust, my sailing has always been based on brute force(and ignorance) and something had to give, well it was the foot straps which where pulled clean out the board and I went over the top, I think with two broken ribs I got off quite lightly. :-S

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2013-10-20 7:12 PM

Muswell - 2013-10-20 5:14 PM

One of my most spectacular (I'm told) wipe outs was at a guestimated 25 to 30kts on a broad reach, when I was hit by an overpowering gust, my sailing has always been based on brute force(and ignorance) and something had to give, well it was the foot straps which where pulled clean out the board and I went over the top, I think with two broken ribs I got off quite lightly. :-S

I know its not sailing ;-).......... but on a family day whilst serving on HMS Cutlass ( FTB) I was thrown over the side as entertainment to be picked up by Portland Search and rescue chopper 8-)..................mind you I was officially the ships swimmer ;-)................

because I was the only one that fitted the dry suit 8-)

Hitting the water at 30+ knots knocked out my false tooth *-)................but I know where it is, so anyone swimming 1 mile South of Portland bill and finds a tooth :-D...................Its mine B-)

Archived