Motorhome parking - York

man of norfolk

I was amazed with the ease of parking to visit York and the low cost with a motorhome. We went to one of the park and ride car parks outside town. There was a height barrier but you parked in the layby and shortly after the barrier opened when the attendant saw you. Plenty of room although it is October. Wait for the barrier to open fully.

Then using our over 60's bus pass, 70pence each for the return journey to York. Amazing.

I did note howver that there used to be parking charges which have been stopped/suspended, so maybe it is an incentive or they only charge in the high season.

Pity a few other councils are not more welcoming. Wouldn't be a bad idea if the parking spaces were bigger or at least you are told if they are supposed to park with the cars or coaches rather than just slapping a parking ticket on.

Thanks...That's interesting to know..as we've tried to squeeze in a weekend in York on a few occasions...but something always seems to crop up(..family "stuff" or floods etc.. )

They do(or did)similar at our local P&R(..not that it stopped folk from still complaining about the barrier though...)

Also interesting to note that, due to the topic having a "positive" tilt, no one else has bothered to respond...

(..as I've said before,if it'd have been a moan, the Victor Meldrews and the "it's not fair", persecuted minority on here, would've had it be on page 3-4 by now (lol) )

We used to park our van in a "lorry park "in York city centre but that was when we were market traders in the open market there (a while ago now) but now we always use the park and ride at A19 or monks cross ? I think that's what it's called .pp

Archived