Silver screens

trickydicky

If you use the van through the winter, well worth it. Makes quite a big difference to how quick the wan warms up and the temperature at the front of the van, also no condensation which can be bucket loads with amount of glass in an A class front end.

They are well worth it. Zero condensation, help keep the heat in, but they are expensive.

I have a set of the silver screens for the latest ducato and they're fantastic...but, I would like to swap them for the longer type to cover the scuttle.

Genuine 'Silver Screens' are brilliant.....we had original internal screens that came with our MH and they were rubbish............every morning there was a lot of condensation (we bought in Sept 2010) so we invested in Silver Screens after much  research and have no longer got a condensation problem.  The added bonus is the additional insulation.

In a nutshell......yes they are well worth the investment.  

I used to think they were a waste of time so never bought any. My present van came with a Silver Screen, so I used it. It works very well, no condensation and the cab area is a lot warmer in the cold. It also keeps the cab cooler in the hot Spanish sun. Worth the money although I didn't pay for mine!

H

I STAYED AT TREWITHIT CC SITE IN MARCH THIS YEAR AND LEFT MY SILVER SCREENS HOME.THE TEMP WAS AROUND ONE OR TWO DEGREES AND TWO ELECTRIC HEATERS COULD NOT GET THE VAN WARM,AFTER THREE DAYS I WAS ABLE USE MY DAUGHTERS S SCREENS THE DIFFERENCE WAS INSTANT AND AMAZING, MY VAN IS A C BUILT BESSACCAR E425.THIS WAS AN IDEAL TEST AS THE OUTSIDE TEMP HARDLY VARIED,RED THIS SITE FOR YEARS BUT FIRST POST

A worthwhile investment to keep heat in, and condensation down in the winter, and heat out of the cab, and hence the van, in the sunshine (remember that) of summer. They may be bulky to store, but are negligible in weight, and don't seem to suffer if packed away when wet in the supplied storage bag.

Richard.

Even if you do not use the m/home in winter, condensation will form inside of the screen.

Unfortunately, the M/home internal temperature lags behind the night temp, so the inside can be warm on a so-so day, cold overnight and condensation will form. If the condensation is not removed, it will evaporate, and then build up the humidity in the m/home.

We have silver screens on all the time, and no condensation. The cost of the screens is high, but ours have not shown too much damage over three years. I weigh the cost against the cost of an over humid m/home with corresponding problems of mould, movement of the wooden furniture, and puddles on the dashboard, etc. You also have to ventilate the m/home as well, but having the screens working as a barrier is a bonus.

Rgds

Only to add that storage is not too much of a problem as the screens are the first item on the decamp to be put on /up. They can only dry out, or get wetter :D

Does anyone fancy swapping their longer silver screen for my standard length? If so, let me know...it's a long shot I know!! Or if you have a long one for sale I will pass on my standard one in the classifieds section. (Latest shape ducato)

trickydicky,

£220 sounds expensive to me, I know that A-class screens are a differant shape etc.,

I would phone both SilverScreens Phone no. 01274-872151 and TaylorMade covers phone No. 01484-661918 Had screen covers from both of these companies, they are both as good as each other.

They DO make a big differance, far far better than 'internals' or just 'Remis Blinds' (which I also have fitted) and well worth the cost.

Ray

trickydicky - 2013-10-23 8:55 PMThanks for all your replies. Well, It seems a no brainer......we will be buying silver screens.

Good decision tricky.........remember there is only one 'Silver Screens' all others are mere imitations.  They might look the same but Silver Screens are, in our opinion the best there is.

RogerC - 2013-10-23 9:09 PM
trickydicky - 2013-10-23 8:55 PMThanks for all your replies. Well, It seems a no brainer......we will be buying silver screens.

Good decision tricky.........remember there is only one 'Silver Screens' all others are mere imitations.  They might look the same but Silver Screens are, in our opinion the best there is.

I disagree with this, TaylorMade Screens are equally as good, not better but as good. My present ones ARE SilverScreens, but could as easily be TaylorMade. The ones to avoid are the universal ones from Milenco or the 'Rigid looking' Expensive 'Isotherm' ones. Ray

Silver screens are a bit thinner and a lot less bulky than Taylormade, I've just replaced my Taylormade ones with Silver Screens although the Taylormade's give a bit better insulation I prefer the Silver Screens a bit easier in use and so much less bulky to store.

Agree with Lenny, both makers are good, and you will not go far wrong with either. I have had Taylormade for 5 yrs and they have kept the cab cool in Spain 2 x 6 weeks for the last five years plus winter insulation when in UK.

The screens are still fine and are currently keeping me cool at Bonterra Park in Bennicasim Spain.

I did choose the longer one which covers the bonnet scuttle.

Mike

There have been reports of Taylormade screens letting light in and purchasers not getting an acceptable resolution.............do a google search and you'll find some reports.  This issue might well have been resolved....but I've never seen or read or heard of this problem with Silverscreens which is why we bought from them.

Guest JudgeMental
Rayjsj - 2013-10-23 10:00 PM
RogerC - 2013-10-23 9:09 PM

I disagree with this, TaylorMade Screens are equally as good, not better but as good. My present ones ARE SilverScreens, but could as easily be TaylorMade. The ones to avoid are the universal ones from Milenco or the 'Rigid looking' Expensive 'Isotherm' ones. Ray
Agree.....we had the taylormade for 4.5years on our last ford CB and they were as good as new when we sold them..

Archived