Hankook RA08 radials

alanedwin

Guest pelmetman

Now on my second set of Hankooks, only changed them because of age.......10 years :D.......no cracking ;-)...........and I suspect they ended up on another van :-S.......

Although I did notice the ride was softer, as the rubber had obviously got a bit stiff with age ;-)

It would appear from Hankook's website that RA08 and RA18 ranges are both still available.

For the same dimensions and 'ply-rating' an RA08 tyre will have the same load carrying capability as a Vantra LT RA18. However, the RA18 is M+S (Mud + Snow) marked, while the RA08 is (apparently) not. In principle, then, an RA18 should be the better choice for a motorhome.

Perhaps more telling is the excellent performance of the RA18 (in 215/70 R15C size) during a Promobil magazine test earlier this year.

http://www.promobil.de/test/vergleichstest-sommerreifen-gummistiefelbande-6463569.html

(As far as I'm aware there is no link between Hankook and Goodyear, and Hankook is definitely not a 'budget' brand-name of any other tyre manufacturer.)

Archived