A full English back on the menu, with hot buttered toast

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave

So the "experts" now say the advice given over the last God knows how many years is wrong, we can ditch the skimmed milk and low fat spreads, and once again tuck in to the stuff that has been the anti-Christ of foods,, should have listened to my dear old Mum, lived to 93 and never ate a "right" thing in her life. ;-)

I wonder if we'll be told global warming was a load of crap in 30 years time as well ?

Guest Peter James
1footinthegrave - 2013-10-23 8:50 AM

lived to 93 and never ate a "right" thing in her life. ;-)

I wonder if we'll be told global warming was a load of crap in 30 years time as well ?

Mum still very active at 90, Grandma lived to 102.

They just eat ordinary food, but not much of it.

as far as I can see, it tends to be thin people who live longest?

Perhaps we need to define what an expert is before we give them too much credence.

Expert is a word in two parts

Ex - a Latin prefix meaning "was formerly" or in plainspeak " used to be"

Spurt - (spelling can vary) means " a small volume of liquid at high velocity" or in plainspeak " a drip under pressure".

So there we have it, an expert is someone who was considered to be a drip who couldn't cope.

AGD

Tracker - 2013-10-23 10:01 AM
1footinthegrave - 2013-10-23 8:50 AMI wonder if we'll be told global warming was a load of crap in 30 years time as well ?
It wasn't that many years ago that we were all being warned of the forthcoming 'mini ice age' !!

Wasn't that the 'trailer' for a series of films starring a sloth, mammoth and sabre toothed tiger?  :-)

RogerC - 2013-10-23 11:05 AM
1footinthegrave - 2013-10-23 8:50 AMI wonder if we'll be told global warming was a load of crap in 30 years time as well ?
It wasn't that many years ago that we were all being warned of the forthcoming 'mini ice age' !!

Wasn't that the 'trailer' for a series of films starring a sloth, mammoth and sabre toothed tiger?  :-)

Do you mean Gordon Brown, Ed Balls and Peter Mandelson!!

Tracker - 2013-10-23 11:08 AM
RogerC - 2013-10-23 11:05 AM

Do you mean Gordon Brown, Ed Balls and Peter Mandelson!!

Nope............

Sloth: Gordon Brown

Mammoth: Cyril Smith

Sabre tooth tiger: Michael Hesseltine

:-)

Tracker - 2013-10-23 10:25 AM

Pork dripping with jelly on hot toast - magic!!

A true British delicacy!

Nah, lamb or beef dripping is by far the best ... must agree about the hot toast though, with a small sprinkle of salt .... totally yummie!!!!!

Of course it has to be HOME MADE dripping, not the lardy cr*p you get in butchers.

For those who've never had it, don't knock it until you've tried it! :-D

Mel B - 2013-10-23 7:01 PM

Tracker - 2013-10-23 10:25 AM

Pork dripping with jelly on hot toast - magic!!

A true British delicacy!

Nah, lamb or beef dripping is by far the best ... must agree about the hot toast though, with a small sprinkle of salt .... totally yummie!!!!!

Of course it has to be HOME MADE dripping, not the lardy cr*p you get in butchers.

For those who've never had it, don't knock it until you've tried it! :-D

norther, :D maybe your right, i give it to our dog now over 100 in dog years, give me your recipe

In reality it matters not what you eat unless you have a problem with a certain food, such as garlic and peppers that repeat for 3 days and make me feel ill

I eat all fat plus the wife's when she cuts hers off, thick butter, gallons of coffee, 3 spoons of sugar in it each time, never eat fruit. and I'm doing well at 85.

Archived