Hedge Fund revealed as biggest single holder of Royal Mail shares.

CliveH

http://www.investmentweek.co.uk/investment-week/news/2302412/hedge-fund-revealed-as-largest-shareholder-in-royal-mail?

Activist hedge fund the Children's Investment Fund (TCI) is the largest private shareholder in newly listed Royal Mail, a regulatory filing has revealed.

TCI has built up a 5.82% stake in Royal Mail, owning 5.82m shares. It only had to disclose the stake once it rose above the 5% threshold, reached on Friday.

The hedge fund is run by philanthropist Chris Hohn, who donates at least 0.5% of its assets each year to a children's charity headed by his wife. He has been criticised in the past for his shareholder activism, including demanding the breakup of ABN Amro, which led to a global takeover battle.

Full article via the link (one of the "pinks" but i am trying to keep that fact quiet - it upsets some of the older residents...............................)

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Had Enough
CliveH - 2013-10-23 2:21 PM

http://www.investmentweek.co.uk/investment-week/news/2302412/hedge-fund-revealed-as-largest-shareholder-in-royal-mail?

Activist hedge fund the Children's Investment Fund (TCI) is the largest private shareholder in newly listed Royal Mail, a regulatory filing has revealed.

TCI has built up a 5.82% stake in Royal Mail, owning 5.82m shares. It only had to disclose the stake once it rose above the 5% threshold, reached on Friday.

The hedge fund is run by philanthropist Chris Hohn, who donates at least 0.5% of its assets each year to a children's charity headed by his wife. He has been criticised in the past for his shareholder activism, including demanding the breakup of ABN Amro, which led to a global takeover battle.

Full article via the link (one of the "pinks" but i am trying to keep that fact quiet - it upsets some of the older residents...............................)

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Yawn! This was in the Telegraph this morning and probably in every other 'black and white'. Still, it does make people seem more important if they can quote from financial journals as opposed to the mundane daily press! (lol)

RM shares trading at 499p last night! More 'bad than good eh'? You should start to read the Telegraph. If you had you'd maybe have tried to buy a few! ;-)

Guest Had Enough
CliveH - 2013-10-23 5:36 PM

Look out chaps Frank has just woken up from his nap and got a cob on! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

He has just remembered his obsession

Something must have stirred in that tired old brain of his *-) *-) *-)

On the contrary, I've been contributing to Motorhome Matters and posting about things that forum members are really interested in. See my Co-Pilot Live post and other smartphone related ones.

However Clive, you've made so many snide little remarks about me in almost every thread that you've posted that I decided that you must be missing me. This post is a typical example with your sad little dig in the final paragraph of the opening post. I'm beginning to think that I'm really on your mind! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) Please Clive, stop this obsession with me there's a good chap! ;-)

Had Enough - 2013-10-23 5:51 PM

Look out chaps Frank has just woken up from his nap and got a cob on! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

On the contrary, I've been contributing to Motorhome Matters and posting about things that forum members are really interested in. See my Co-Pilot Live post and other smartphone related ones.

However Clive, you've made so many snide little remarks about me in almost every thread that you've posted that I decided that you must be missing me. This post is a typical example with your sad little dig in the final paragraph of the opening post. I'm beginning to think that I'm really on your mind! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) Please Clive, stop this obsession with me there's a good chap! ;-)

Oh dear - not aware of psychological projection Frank.

Ooooops - sorry - you probably just forgot!!

Yes Well done Frank! - See you can be nice if you try!!! (lol) (lol)

But I had to laugh at this:-

laimeduck

Posted: 18 October 2013 10:44 PM

Subject: RE: CoPilot - not the human kind...

Stalwart

PROFILE PM

Ah .... yes of course ... we all know ........ You do know everything I think?

-----

Jeremy the L'AimeDuck

QUOTE REPLY

Had Enough

Posted: 19 October 2013 10:12 AM

PROFILE PM

laimeduck - 2013-10-18 10:44 PM

Oh dear!

Now that is what I call a bit of "poetic justice" considering!!!!! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest Had Enough
CliveH - 2013-10-23 6:25 PM

Yes Well done Frank! - See you can be nice if you try!!! (lol) (lol)

But I had to laugh at this:-

laimeduck

Posted: 18 October 2013 10:44 PM

Stalwart

PROFILE PM

-----

Jeremy the L'AimeDuck

QUOTE REPLY

Had Enough

Posted: 19 October 2013 10:12 AM

PROFILE PM

laimeduck - 2013-10-18 10:44 PM

Oh dear!

Now that is what I call a bit of "poetic justice" considering!!!!! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

It's a pity that you didn't list the very nice reaction posted later and picked up on one rather nasty little post that had no relevance whatsoever - in that I'd never claimed to know everything! Very sad! ;-)

But as I said Clive, I thought I'd let Chatterbox cool down but you couldn't stop could you? Which is very flattering I suppose as I appear to be very much on your mind the entire time! (lol) (lol) (lol)

To repeat, this very thread sums it up! Read the last para of your OP. (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

I invite anyone to read the Co-Pilot thread and make up their own mind! Laimeduck's post was unnecessary and very nasty and got not one iota of support! Whereas my contribution .... ;-)

Had Enough - 2013-10-23 5:00 PM
CliveH - 2013-10-23 2:21 PMhttp://www.investmentweek.co.uk/investment-week/news/2302412/hedge-fund-revealed-as-largest-shareholder-in-royal-mail?Activist hedge fund the Children's Investment Fund (TCI) is the largest private shareholder in newly listed Royal Mail, a regulatory filing has revealed.TCI has built up a 5.82% stake in Royal Mail, owning 5.82m shares. It only had to disclose the stake once it rose above the 5% threshold, reached on Friday.The hedge fund is run by philanthropist Chris Hohn, who donates at least 0.5% of its assets each year to a children's charity headed by his wife. He has been criticised in the past for his shareholder activism, including demanding the breakup of ABN Amro, which led to a global takeover battle......................Full article via the link (one of the "pinks" but i am trying to keep that fact quiet - it upsets some of the older residents...............................) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)
Yawn! This was in the Telegraph this morning and probably in every other 'black and white'. Still, it does make people seem more important if they can quote from financial journals as opposed to the mundane daily press! (lol) RM shares trading at 499p last night! More 'bad than good eh'? You should start to read the Telegraph. If you had you'd maybe have tried to buy a few! ;-)

Hells teeth he's off again....................HE do you have to be so bloody irritating?

The old adage..............if you've nowt nice to say.say nowt might be something you'd like to ponder on instead of getting all provocational.

Oh and a few 'smilies' do nothing to hide your avid tendency to 'provoke'.

Guest Had Enough
RogerC - 2013-10-23 7:41 PM
CliveH - 2013-10-23 2:21 PMhttp://www.investmentweek.co.uk/investment-week/news/2302412/hedge-fund-revealed-as-largest-shareholder-in-royal-mail?Activist hedge fund the Children's Investment Fund (TCI) is the largest private shareholder in newly listed Royal Mail, a regulatory filing has revealed.TCI has built up a 5.82% stake in Royal Mail, owning 5.82m shares. It only had to disclose the stake once it rose above the 5% threshold, reached on Friday.The hedge fund is run by philanthropist Chris Hohn, who donates at least 0.5% of its assets each year to a children's charity headed by his wife. He has been criticised in the past for his shareholder activism, including demanding the breakup of ABN Amro, which led to a global takeover battle......................Full article via the link (one of the "pinks" but i am trying to keep that fact quiet - it upsets some of the older residents...............................) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)
Yawn! This was in the Telegraph this morning and probably in every other 'black and white'. Still, it does make people seem more important if they can quote from financial journals as opposed to the mundane daily press! (lol) RM shares trading at 499p last night! More 'bad than good eh'? You should start to read the Telegraph. If you had you'd maybe have tried to buy a few! ;-)

Hells teeth he's off again....................HE do you have to be so bloody irritating?

The old adage..............if you've nowt nice to say.say nowt might be something you'd like to ponder on instead of getting all provocational.

I'll direct your attention to the closing paragraph of the opening post! Provocational eh? ;-) Or the opening line of the 'Enhanced Annuities' thread. Provocational eh? ;-) Time to start being less partisan when you criticise anyone RogerC. ;-)Ps What do you think about Clive's post about my dulled brain and geriatric approach? I suspect that you and I may be a similar age! (lol)

Guest Had Enough
CliveH - 2013-10-23 7:55 PM

Something "sparks" in that dulled brain of his and - "whoopee" - we are on a helter skelter of geriatric bile and obsession.

Sad.

Tell you what Clive, I bet I look younger and am fitter then you! (lol) Are you bald or grey? I'm neither! ;-)

Had Enough - 2013-10-23 7:59 PM

Something "sparks" in that dulled brain of his and - "whoopee" - we are on a helter skelter of geriatric bile and obsession.

Sad.

Tell you what Clive, I bet I look younger and am fitter then you! (lol) Are you bald or grey? I'm neither! ;-)

Ye , it's called a brown permed wig Frank , Iv'e seen ya .

Guest Had Enough
antony1969 - 2013-10-23 8:05 PM

Had Enough - 2013-10-23 7:59 PM

Sad.

Ye , it's called a brown permed wig Frank , Iv'e seen ya .

Best one I've ever had Anthony! ;-)

Well really Frank! LOL!!!

What do you expect if you constantly attack virtually everything I do - and you still do it now.

Your last bit of stupidity was to threaten some sort of outing of me as a fraud.

I am still waiting.

I play with you because I have the time - but there is a danger because the advice is “Never argue with an idiot; he will bring you down to his level and win from experience.” which means of course onlookers can have difficulty in telling the difference.

But as i say - I have never bothered about what other people think

You have a problem with me and what I do - your actions prove this - I gently take the pi$$ out of you re my posting from the "delicate shade of puce's" (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

And you just cannot help yourself.

So come on Frank - it may not be the Hanky Panky Franky Fraud Squad - (you are SO easy!!!!) but what did you have in mind?

Indulge me.

My God ! does this idiots childishness ever end?

Now you want to have a competition on who has more hair or who is more grey.

Why not give me you willy measurements both flaccid and erect while you are at it.

If anything underlines the fact that your brains are scrambled it is the absolute puerility of that last post.

You are seriously unwell Frank.

CliveH - 2013-10-23 8:18 PM

Why not give me you willy measurements both flaccid and erect while you are at it.

If anything underlines the fact that your brains are scrambled it is the absolute puerility of that last post.

Willy comps , my fave , I aint never lost yet at that game , maybe Donna could judge ?

Guest Had Enough

I think I might have touched a nerve here folks! Since you found out that I'm now about eight years older than you you constantly refer to me as some kind of geriatric old duffer when as we all know people very greatly in how they age.

So what I'm saying Clive is that I'm probably fitter and younger looking that you even though I'm older. As I said, I have virtually no grey hair although there's now a tiny bit at the edges just over the ears. I've a full head of hair and am very fit and walk and cycle.

My brain is as active as ever and I'm a regular after-dinner speaker. And of course my business achievements rather dwarf yours!

So, not bad for a man whom you claim is geriatric and losing it!

As I said, I think I may have touched a nerve. What is it Clive, bald, grey, fat, poor? ;-)

You reap what you sow Clive, keep up these cheap attacks on my age and I'll continue to suggest your weaknesses! ;-)

Had Enough - 2013-10-23 7:58 PM
RogerC - 2013-10-23 7:41 PM

I'll direct your attention to the closing paragraph of the opening post! Provocational eh? ;-) Or the opening line of the 'Enhanced Annuities' thread. Provocational eh? ;-) Time to start being less partisan when you criticise anyone RogerC. ;-)Ps What do you think about Clive's post about my dulled brain and geriatric approach? I suspect that you and I may be a similar age! (lol)

HE..in reply to your post:

Closing paragraph:

Doesn't name you but if the cap fits?

I'm not commenting here on the content of another topic.  My comment came about in response to your comeback in the second post on 'this' topic.  Unnecessary provocation in my opinion......unless you intended to provoke yet another spat?

As for age.........Methuselah was a mere sprog compared to me and as far as the geriatric/dulled brain comment is concerned well...........to be honest I couldn't care less.  It was directed at you not me ergo I see no relevance as to whether we are of a similar age or not.

I'll give them to you Clive. 1.5" Flacid. Erect is not applicable as it's 20 Yrs since that condition existed. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2013-10-23 8:38 PM

So what I'm saying Clive is that I'm probably fitter and younger looking that you even though I'm older. As I said, I have virtually no grey hair although there's now a tiny bit at the edges just over the ears. I've a full head of hair and am very fit and walk and cycle.

My brain is as active as ever and I'm a regular after-dinner speaker. And of course my business achievements rather dwarf yours!

I think your modesty needs some Botox Frank ;-)

I think I might have touched a nerve here folks! Since you found out that I'm now about eight years older than you you constantly refer to me as some kind of geriatric old duffer when as we all know people very greatly in how they age.

So, not bad for a man whom you claim is geriatric and losing it!

As I said, I think I may have touched a nerve. What is it Clive, bald, grey, fat, poor? ;-)

You reap what you sow Clive, keep up these cheap attacks on my age and I'll continue to suggest your weaknesses! ;-)

You must be losing your grip Frank. There at least two spelling mistakes in the above post. Which for someone who is generally so pedantic quite out of character. *-)

Guest Had Enough
CliveH - 2013-10-23 8:14 PM

So come on Frank - it may not be the Hanky Panky Franky Fraud Squad - (you are SO easy!!!!) but what did you have in mind?

Indulge me.

Happy to indulge you! You come on here inflating your and your little firm's importance. You're a consultant. What does that mean? You don't seem to have much time for consulting with the amount you spend on here every day!

You sold, or so you claim, your own firm, which I suspect was a one-man band working from home, to the current little outfit in Ferndown. Now despite this firm absorbing yours it's still only worth ten grand! Even if they own the property, which can't be worth much compared to high street units they must still have computer systems, furniture, phone systems, copiers etc. but with all this its balance sheet shows a net value of ten grand! As you know Clive, my geriatric old brain runs a company that's worth 150 times more than that! Not bad for an old duffer who needs medical help! ;-)

You've had a variety of jobs of a totally different nature. Why would anyone go to being a salesman for Equitable Life if they had a successful career in a profession of micro-biology or whatever it is you trained in? Good God, insurance salesman , last chance saloon! Jack of all trades and master of none comes to mind Clive!

You then trained as an IFA, good for you, but then decided to sell out to your current firm. Why? If you're so clever why didn't you do as I've done, expand your business and let others do the work whilst you enjoy your semi-retirement? I can only conclude that you weren't exactly minting it as a self employed IFA!

I could go on and describe your current lifestyle, your home, your car, but that would be cruel.

Now you've asked for this Clive. You constantly denigrate people by introducing elements that are unworthy and very nasty. You sneer at John47 because he's a teacher and claim he can't relate to adults, although he's already told you that he had a successful career before he became a teacher and a much more successful one than you it would appear.

You constantly attack me and my mental state, whilst if there's anyone on here with a problem it's you, with your constant desire to impress with your never-ending cut and paste financial articles, posted for one reason and one reason only, to draw attention to CliveH, the important financial advisor who attends business breakfast meetings and works for a firm with an army of back-room techies constantly monitoring the world's financial affairs - piffle!

You're a fraud Clive, you've been a jack of several trades and a master of none. The biggest laugh I get nowadays is going on Google Earth!

So there you have it Clive, if you want to continue to play dirty with all this vile attempts to label people just because you can't agree with them you can expect some of your own medicine!

You're a sad fraud Clive, and I don't mean in the illegal sense and you know that, I mean it in the constant exaggeration of the achievements of you and your tin pot little firm, and it's not even yours! You're not listed as a director so they can't think that much of you!

I hope you're feeling indulged. I've certainly enjoyed it! ;-)

Guest Had Enough
peter - 2013-10-23 8:59 PM

You must be losing your grip Frank. There at least two spelling mistakes in the above post. Which for someone who is generally so pedantic quite out of character. *-)

Now Peter, you're clever enough to know the difference between a genuine spelling mistake and a typo! ;-)

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2013-10-23 8:59 PM

I think your modesty needs some Botox Frank ;-)

These are things that I would normally never mention. CliveH never mentioned my age or my supposedly failing brain until he actually found out how old I really am when he looked me up at Companies' House. Now he uses it as a cheap and nasty weapon in most posts!

But I would make a small bet with him, that I look no older than him, and when I mentioned grey and bald I think I hit a nerve! He's probably tubby as well!

And as for our brains, well, lets compare our careers shall we - then again, maybe not, that would be cruel! ;-)

Archived