Shepton Mallet

howie

We have always booked in advance in previous years but due to other commitments I will not know until a few days before if we can make it. If we turn up and pay at the gate sort of thing, do you think there would be any problems. We normally stay the full weekend. Howard.

We usually find a site close by & drive in earyish on the day then back to the campsite after.I find 1 day enough to see what I want to see.The 1 occasion we did stay for the 3 days it rained nonstop so everybody had to park on the roadways & we were nose to tail over the whole site. :'(

I know what you mean regarding the weather B.J. having had the same experience more than once. We go to the shows not only to see whats on display, but as a relaxing few days as well. As for seeing every thing in one day, we have done that but always felt pushed for time. We far prefer to do the rounds at our own pace and take in every thing in detail. This is why we want to make sure we can find a spot on site when we arrive. Howard.

Hi Howardtcz, we have 'just turned up' on at least two occasions to Shepton Mallett and have had no problem staying for the weekend. It would, of course be preferable to arrive on the Thursday or early on the Friday. Regards Cattwg.

Thanks for that info Cattwg. We will be going if possible even though I,m sure I heard the forcasts giving severe weather warnings for September. Can,t complain though. The last 4 or 5 years have been really good there weatherwise. Howard.

Archived