Brittany Ferries cancell sailings

mike 202

sshortcircuit - 2013-10-26 7:07 PM

Patricia - 2013-10-26 6:57 PM

As I am in central France and not going anywhere at present, I have more important things to do.

Actually it was only a passing comment rather than a question requiring an answer and I certainly do not expect sarcastic and insulting comments, other than perhaps from the OP, but not from a wannabe moderator. A pity that you could not have added at least a useful comment - end of my response to you.

My apologies to the OP for not reading his post more carefully and not seeing the direction to the website. I know that Brittany Ferries has been in some financial trouble this year and, as I am considering joining their scheme, was wondering whether this was the problem. Awful dilemma for the booked passengers though.

Rayjsj - 2013-10-26 7:07 PM

I think they are wise, The Bay of Biscay is not a good place to be in a heavy storm.

never mind Biscay, its getting quite windy down here, 15 mins from dover, are we looking at another operation stack hmmm, next door neighbour has just arrived home early from france two days early on p&o ferries.

Patricia - 2013-10-26 7:22 PM

As I am in central France and not going anywhere at present, I have more important things to do.

Actually it was only a passing comment rather than a question requiring an answer and I certainly do not expect sarcastic and insulting comments, other than perhaps from the OP, but not from a wannabe moderator. A pity that you could not have added at least a useful comment - end of my response to you.

My apologies to the OP for not reading his post more carefully and not seeing the direction to the website. I know that Brittany Ferries has been in some financial trouble this year and, as I am considering joining their scheme, was wondering whether this was the problem. Awful dilemma for the booked passengers though.

Gosh, another inflated ego. Insulting comment, just read your own post.

Guest pelmetman
sshortcircuit - 2013-10-26 7:40 PM

Patricia - 2013-10-26 7:22 PM

Gosh, another inflated ego. Insulting comment, just read your own post.

Storms ahead? :D.....................cant say I fancy the Bay of Biscuit with that low coming in ;-) ..............unless you want to go on a vomit weight loss programe :D

rudders - 2013-10-26 7:35 PM

I think they are wise, The Bay of Biscay is not a good place to be in a heavy storm.

never mind Biscay, its getting quite windy down here, 15 mins from dover, are we looking at another operation stack hmmm, next door neighbour has just arrived home early from france two days early on p&o ferries.

Think he was wise too. Just watched French forecast and, according to that, the tempest is due to hit Brittany and all along the channel (with 100km winds) on Monday.

rudders - 2013-10-26 7:35 PM

same here, already a road blocked by a tree doown , saw a lot of caravans & m/homes heading south on the m27&m3 today, half term, hopfully no probs.

Not surprised about the cancelled Ferries,. Looking out on Portsmouth Harbour , at moment pretty blustery,So the channel will be much worst. ! The trees around here are swaying a lot, and they are all small , young ones.The weather is nice and bright though, and quiet warm! A lot of boat owners here are looking to put their boats into a marina,from the moorings in the harbour. for the next few days!

PJay

Barryd999 - 2013-10-27 11:59 AM

Batten down the hatches if your in the Solent area or anywhere on the south coast. GBWindmap shows the mean windspeed of 67 MPH for St Catherines Point around midnight tonight and similar for Cherbourg. Wouldnt want to be out in that.

We,ve batterned

at the moment the wind has dropped but the rain is picking up. In 87 we had a 10ft sq hole in our roof, including a skylight which we never found, so crossing everything. 8-)

Well, it came!! Woke up at 5am to a dropping sound,. When OH got up later decided to check the roof, and sure enough the end ridge tile has come off. This has happened before, so this time will ask the repairer to put a clip on it, as just cement did not hold it. No other damage this time, as before the tile smashed into the conservatory roof,

Hey Ho have to look for a roofer to fix it

PJay

PJay - 2013-10-28 9:45 AM

Well, it came!!

PJay

Well some people certainly got it, but they were saying it would hit Wales and southern and central England.

Haven't heard of any problems from ' central ' England, or Wales yet - seems to have just hit the south.

Wouldn't fancy being on the two ferries that were stuck outside Dover when they closed the port !

;-)

Archived