Parking in an Alps resort help needed

burks123

Hello

Me and my boyfriend are currently converting a van in to a home. Our plan is to drive to a French Alps resort for February and to stay there for a couple of months.

I was wondering if anyone had parked in an Alps resort and if they'd be happy to share their experience with me.

Currently the information I have is:

Meribel is full (this was our first choice)

Val Thorens is 20 euros per night

Chamonix is 10 euros a night

Alp d'huez is free parking but 10.40 euros for the flot bleu

Les Deux Alps is 7 euros per night.

Are these the prices you experiences?

Any information you have on parking up for a couple of months in a french ski resort would be very helpful.

Thank you

Caroline

Although we ski for about eight weeks every winter do not stay in m/h, however many do. The quiet month is January, Feb. the whole of Europe is skiing and everywhere is packed, March not to bad. I assume from your prices you are talking about staying on aires and am a bit mystified about saying Meribel is full. I was not aware you could book aires so how is this. Perhaps you could be a little more specific, do you want aires or sites. As a general thing choose somewhere that has several resorts on the same lift pass, you will get bored otherwise. Pick somewhere fairly low down and take the lifts up, to high and you will suffer with the weather, or rather your van will. Chamonix is a good example, you can stay in a number of different places low down, buy the Chamonix Vallee lift pass which includes free buses, and travel around to a number of places. Where we ski at St. Gervais is another, the ski pass covers six different resorts, all traditional villages and plenty of places to stay. A little more info from you is required and more specific advice can be given.

Archived