Swift escape 664 issue

tonygp

Hi All

Please can anyone help: i have a problem with the bed assembly with my 2011 swift escape 664,not sure if the bed frame is broken as the vehicle has no instructions how to assemble the spare bed from converting the seats. Under the near side seat there are two steel frames , one lifts out and stands on legs the other frame keeps lifting up at 45% and wont stay fixed. Does any one have this problem. There were no instructions in the user guide on how to assemble the bed (!)

Wish I could help you, Tony, but sadly I cannot. Just cannot help wondering how it is that motorhome manufacturers seem to think they can get away without providing proper instruction manuals for their products. Doesn't happen with anything else.

By the way, have you tried posting on Swift's own forum, SwiftTalk? They do monitor it and you may get a response straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Good luck and happy travels.

Just looked at the pic on the website and see it is different to ours, Bolero.

However, what happens to the seat squab when not making the bed, does it keep flying up to the 45deg angle? if not, I'm guessing its due to the weight of the cushion? Does the base fly up when you move the cushion? Wll it not stay in the down position unless there is a cushion on it?

Hi Chris

Thanks for replying, its all a bit odd, if you imagine lifting off the seat cushion the steel frame is resting 45% downwards ; i assume it should lie horizontal without any support, when we raise it to horizontal it shoots up to a 45% up angle, it wont stay in a horizontal possition on its own; i guess i should take some photos really its hard to explain. Would be nice is swift published a quick guide fo fools like me LOL

cheers Chris

Archived