motorhome cover

frenchman

Hi all, can anyone give any advice?

We own a autotrail 632, which has a protec cover which is really good, but, as the side walls are above the roof line i get BIG puddles of water laying on the roof. I have tried beach balls, (no good) At the moment i have 6 plastic containers on the roof under the cover, which helps, but still get sagging on cover that collects water. HELP!!!!! :-S

Hi we use a Protec cover on our Eldiss, have done for many years. As we have roof rack bars down either side we had the same problem. It is easily cured by a visit to your local furniture store and begging some of the protective foam rubber used on suites.

The four pieces we otained, free of charge from their skip, measure approximately 1m wide by 2m long and after rolling them up and tying string around them it makes a very effective 'sausage' that may be rested on the roof or as we have done we fit rechet tie downs between the roof bars and rest the foam on them. To make life easier for us I use a length of plastic drain pipethat I 'thread' the foams down from the rear of the van using the built in steps after fitting the cover and before dropping the cover down the back of the van.

Works for us.

Bas

• 2 weeks later...
thebishbus - 2013-11-01 3:54 PM

Hi. I think you need to slope the van one way or the other.Have you got any service ramps that you could drive or reverse onto, to provide the forward or backward slope?.

Brian B.

Simple but clever, why didn't I think of that!!! Know my next job....

Archived