availability of calor gas in North and Southern Ireland

Guest kay Trafford

Guest kay Trafford
we leave to tour all of Ireland for 3 months and are interested to know if we can have our Calor gas bottled changed in the north and south. If not do you know what gas we can use in our Auto trail Cheyenne? would we need to change the regulator etc. Many thanks in anticipation, Kay

Guest Peter Goddard
I asked the almost same question about three weeks ago and got exactly 0 replies, I hope you get more tham me. I'll keep watching!

Guest Stuart
As I understand things, Calor Gas is available in the Republic but it IS NOT INTERCHANGEABLE with UK bottles. Suggest you contact Calor Gas in UK to enquire if they would refill UK bottles whilst you are over there. Can't help with N. Ireland I'm afraid. Stuart

Guest Derek Uzzell
There is a 3 page section on this subject in the current Caravan Club's handbook (pages 29 - 31). This includes tables of what types of Calor bottle are available in Northern Ireland and the Republic (as Stuart says, the 'Republican' bottles are different to the UK ones). Information about refilling is also given. The only way to present a full picture of the Irish Calor LPG situation would be to repeat the CC's data and I just haven't got the time I'm afraid. At least you now know where to look.

Archived