LA STRADA NOVA

hymer1942

Brian Kirby - 2013-11-05 6:23 PM

You'll probably have to make a pilgrimage to a German dealer. The quality is high, but so is the price - and how!

According to La Strada's website, the only UK dealership is Elite Motorhomes at Banbury.

There is also a UK La Strada Club with a website that has contact details

http://www.lastradaclub.org.uk/contact

The chances are small that there will be someone on this forum who owns a new-ish Nova (though it's clearly worth asking), but one might get luckier on the MHF forum as it's got a larger population.

I'd try Elite Motorhomes and/or the Club to see if they would be prepared to put me in touch with an owner. (Perhaps Barrie has already done this.) However, given the rarity of the model and its cost, there may be no recent UK Nova buyers.

Guest JudgeMental

Hmm...missed this one must have been travelling. Barrie we are after a La Strada Avanti C Exclusive. if I can get anyone to answer my enquiries and specific questions that is, including from La Strada! *-)

some on german site, mainly used, but a few new with prices to match

http://tinyurl.com/oltlw8t

chances of seeing one here slim I should think, UK dealer a joke......we are most likely flying for a weekend to a german show in the new year to see what is available generally, have doen this previously and great fun..the shows amazing! Still in 2 minds what vans to go for... Possl (value and innovation) or La Strada (innovation & pure class). I aen they do 4 wheel drive versions on the Fiat with double floors and even a rear garage..in a panel van! and yes I know to small for you and your a merc man:-D

there are lots of other quality german vans on a merc you know....and spending that sort of money as Brian says, a german show really best option, you may well end up going for something else when you see what is available

good news is the pounds up a bit @1.20 so a nova now ONLY 73,000 thousand :-S

Hi Eddie, nice to hear from you. What you say is true dealer a joke, so I am going to take your advice again and at the latest go to Dusseldorf in September, can't change till after. June as I am running a Hymer Rally in France. I have had the S 650 5 plus years and It has been great, but we now would like a fixed bed, similar quality that we have and no more than 7 metres. You are correct innovation is there in lots of different vans, so three days at the Dusseldorf show might do the trick. Hope your travels are going well, head for Spain at the end of January.

Regards Barrie

Guest JudgeMental

Hi Barrie, 3 days a good move, you needs that as it's a massive event, but great fun....If I don't get one of the vans I'm chasing now (2013 show models, unregistered) may well see you there! :-D

Tip: bring all the details including photos of your van, then you can organise a PX at show.....

Guest JudgeMental
hymer1942 - 2013-11-10 10:44 AM

Hi Eddie did not realise you were back. Will almost certainly go in the van and do the Moselle as well. Barrie

got back Thursday...but not for long! Sri Lanka next month :-D

Archived