Aldi tyre traction tracks

chas

Nov 7th Aldi are selling folding tyre traction tracks with a load capacity of 3.5 tons and fold up into a bag size then being 30cmx28cmx2.5cm. Might be worth looking at. £9.99

As always though, best not to get into the situation of needing them 8-)

My experience of plastic tracks weren't good the time I had to use them. They need to be secured with some very long nails or tent pegs or they just catapult so fast under the motorhome and get trapped. I find that strong aluminium ones are best because you can hammer them under the tyres then pin them down, never fail.

rolandrat - 2013-11-05 10:01 AM

My experience of plastic tracks weren't good the time I had to use them. They need to be secured with some very long nails or tent pegs or they just catapult so fast under the motorhome and get trapped. I find that strong aluminium ones are best because you can hammer them under the tyres then pin them down, never fail.

Have to agree with you Roland,.

We also use cut down bread crates, but still worth a look, if we remember to go to Aldi, as not our normal hunting ground, a bit out of our way, normally.

rolandrat - 2013-11-05 10:01 AM

My experience of plastic tracks weren't good the time I had to use them. They need to be secured with some very long nails or tent pegs or they just catapult so fast under the motorhome and get trapped. I find that strong aluminium ones are best because you can hammer them under the tyres then pin them down, never fail

I think you will find that the trick is to drive just on to them SLOWLY to hold them firm, then drive in 2nd gear SLOWLY to gain momentum, hopefully without spinning wheels or high revs , that then will stop them catapulting under the van. :D

Just to point out that they are NOT 28cm wide! That is an error on Aldi's part - they are only 18cm wide - you can easily tell this by looking at the width of them against the width of the tyre in the picture ... everyone else selling them says they are 18cm wide.

Archived