Electric, misuse and metering

arthur49

If any of you are members of Swiftalk theres a big debate there under heading Blatant Abuse on use of leccy etc.

Under the Caravan Section.

Now whilst I respect others view there are some right inconsiderate numpties contributing. Glad I left the CC

Arthur

Not a member of 'Swifttalk' as I wouldn't buy a Swift product even if they were the Only manufacturers left in the WORLD. SO, i havn't the slightest idea what you are talking about. BUT suspect it's about 'the right' to be able to 'Burn' electricity in an 'Empty awning' simply because you have made a contribution toward it in your site fee ? The type of folk that will FORCE the CC (I AM a member) to meter ALL of us. Because of a few greedy 'numpties'. Ray

Rayjsj - 2013-11-07 2:10 PM

... i havn't the slightest idea what you are talking about. BUT suspect it's about 'the right' to be able to 'Burn' electricity in an 'Empty awning' simply because you have made a contribution toward it in your site fee ? The type of folk that will FORCE the CC (I AM a member) to meter ALL of us. Because of a few greedy 'numpties'. Ray

Without knowing anything to the contrary, that's pretty much what I was "assuming"...

Arthur...

Maybe you could fill us in a bit more on exactly what we're supposed to be commenting on?...

:-S

Heres the link http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/forum/topics/blatant-abuse?id=2976642%3ATopic%3A486976&page=16#comments

It was a thread where someone had the temerity to raise the issue of uncaring caravan users leaving heaters in awnings day and night......ooooooh, he then had to duck pretty sharply as the 'im alright jack! Brigade took over. I was reading the thread somi thought id poke a few in the eye......ive now retreated to the warm bosom of my dear MMM coleagues. ;-)

Wasn't really expecting a comment Pepe .............

I posted for the benefit of members of Swiftalk who may wish to have a gander.....but in summary Ray is correct. The usual arguments but complete with the inconsiderate numpties who don't give a toss about anybody else/cost/environment etc.

Arthur.

Ah! You must be Chris C**** on Swiftalk. You are one of the few sane ones on that thread. I agree with your contrib there but was reluctant to contribute greatly as you simply get mired in s*** from the numpties :-( :-(

Arthur

bolero boy - 2013-11-07 4:05 PM

Heres the link http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/forum/topics/blatant-abuse?id=2976642%3ATopic%3A486976&page=16#comments

It was a thread where someone had the temerity to raise the issue of uncaring caravan users leaving heaters in awnings day and night......ooooooh, he then had to duck pretty sharply as the 'im alright jack! Brigade took over. I was reading the thread somi thought id poke a few in the eye......ive now retreated to the warm bosom of my dear MMM coleagues. ;-)

:-( :-(

Unfortunately, if folk are going to behave selfishly, then they just need to be told by the staff(wardens)..

Meters may sound like an obvious solution(Why shouldn't you pay for what you use?) but to install them would cost a fair bit I should imagine.

So it's more likely that all the fees would just go up, to cover the increased leccy bills....

Personally I think for starters the supply should be dropped down from 10amp(to 6 amps?),to stop people just treating the supply as they would when they're at home!.... *-)

(fan heater..kettle...tele....microwave....heater in awning etc... *-) )...

arthur49 - 2013-11-07 4:13 PM

Ah! You must be Chris C**** on Swiftalk. You are one of the few sane ones on that thread. I agree with your contrib there but was reluctant to contribute greatly as you simply get mired in s*** from the numpties :-( :-(

Arthur

bolero boy - 2013-11-07 4:05 PM

:-( :-(

Thanks Arthur, i did notice your support. Theres some right selfish b******s on the caravan side over there. The motorhome side seems more sane to me.

pepe63 - 2013-11-07 4:43 PM

Unfortunately, if folk are going to behave selfishly, then they just need to be told by the staff(wardens)..

Meters may sound like an obvious solution(Why shouldn't you pay for what you use?) but to install them would cost a fair bit I should imagine.

So it's more likely that all the fees would just go up, to cover the increased leccy bills....

Personally I think for starters the supply should be dropped down from 10amp(to 6 amps?),to stop people just treating the supply as they would when they're at home!.... *-)

Pepe, good simple to operate solution to excess. We manage on 6amp when abroad and even look to turn one device off before using another even when the supply is plentiful.

pepe63 - 2013-11-07 4:43 PM

Re wardens, the inconsiderate give them a hard time. Feb 2011 Clumber Park CC site. Awning with 2 heaters going all day. The warden did challenge this to be told she was drying her washing and it was cheaper than using the dryer in the laundry ..... and not against any 'rule'!! We left CC shortly afterwards.

Agree10A is plenty - 6A is all we need (when we need leccy).

Arthur

That was an EU ruling, only the UK takes any notice of it so why don't we just ignore it like other countries.

I think sites should meter & if the user goes over XX units double or treble the price. Doesn't bother me I think I've only spent one night on a hook-up in the last 4 years.

What I do find really annoying is when sites want to charge me the same regardless of weather or not I use a hook-up, a growing trend on CL's& CS's I vote with my feet.

Corky 8 - 2013-11-07 5:31 PM

Is it not now Illegal to re sell electricity in this Country, there was a debate some time ago about this subject. meters are a point of sale. ?

Don't know legal position, but we stayed on a CS near Rusper in September and paid £1 for a voucher which we swiped into our outlet on the EHU bollard (gave us leccy for 2 days..... but not sure how much consumption in Kwh that represented.)This was a 'new' CS and I would have thought if this was illegal/reselling the C&CC would not support/permit it?Arthur

It is illegal to resell electricity that is why it isn't charged for on CC and CCC sites :-S it now comes under the heading Pitch Fee !!

Some of these wasters might be interested that we were at, I think Sea View Berwick, and they were putting in the boxes for charging electric for use in the future!! this was about a year ago.

Bring on the Meters. There's a site we have used several times in Hampshire that has meters fitted.

We have stayed 5 nights at a time usually in late October you pay £5 for a swipe card, we have found that this will last us for the five nights. Once when it was very cold and wet we put £10 on the meter only to leave £3 unused.

If people want to heat their awning and the rest of the countryside then they are paying for it when using a meter.

Archived