France has been downgraded by S&P again.

CliveH

Guest 1footinthegrave

I don't pretend to understand half of this malarky, the only thing I can say is on our last trip to France their road building continues apace, I just wonder where the money comes from. :-S

ditto the brand new Autovia 21 in northern Spain, that we travelled on for miles without hardly seeing another vehicle. 8-)

Like so many grand schemes funded by the debacle that is the virtual Ponzi scheme that is/was the Euro - money was borrowed to pay for it all. Now we have to lend them money to pay back the interest owed.

If we do not lend them the money, the whole thing falls over.

France is a little different in that it is one of the stronger currencies - but Hollande wants to control his economy by taxation alone and not deal with the French Public sector.

S&P's think this is a recipe for conflict and ultimate disaster.

I agree.

The French are already protesting against new green taxes (that are anything but!! - just an excuse!) - and Hollande is now the least popular politician in French History according to one of the surveys cited earlier this week.

Thank goodness we are out of the mess that is the Euro.

8-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
Talking of green, on our local news last night it was reported that a wind turbine installed at some very swish "green" Welsh assembly building in Aberystwyth has generated approx £5 in electric per month, the projection is it will take 400 years to recoup it's cost. , :D

The good news is these crazy schemes are now being looked at and appraised in the normal way.

The fact they they come up wanting is in many ways a huge disappointment.

The fact that they were built because of the lies and the spin is the real question that - at last - people are asking.

Many thanks 1 foot for flagging it up on here.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Ah you couldn't make it up could you, someone we know ( quite wealthy ) recently applied for planning permission to convert an old out building into a small cottage, they were granted permission on condition they built a separate bat barn as well, as 6 bats were found roosting in the old structure. It cost them an additional £15000, but as yet they have not seen a single bat use it. (!)

Archived