TomTom not arrived

misty

HI we orderd a TOMTOM on thursday from the internet.today a parcel arrived with an invoice and an empty case BUT on the invoice it says tomtom and case so thats what we expected to find.so did some idiot forget to pack it.or will it arrive latter.we did ring and send email but it is saturday.so no one there will try monday.so should we start worrying now or save it for latter we did pay with credit card . :-( (?)

Guest JudgeMental
misty - 2013-11-09 3:48 PM

HI we orderd a TOMTOM on thursday from the internet.today a parcel arrived with an invoice and an empty case BUT on the invoice it says tomtom and case so thats what we expected to find.so did some idiot forget to pack it.or will it arrive latter.we did ring and send email but it is saturday.so no one there will try monday.so should we start worrying now or save it for latter we did pay with credit card . :-( (?)

Not enough information...But! sounds like you have been scammed..ebay perchance? Sorry but a well known tactic is this..was it impressively cheap? then you are probably not alone I fear.

The lack of weight of package should have alerted you ...and I would not have signed for it without opening it....

edit: 5 identical threads will not help the situation.....

HI sorry for for extra posts not great on computer.not from ebay or anywhere like it .it was £320.its a TOMTOM go live camper & caravan uk & eu version.dont want to slag the company yet will see what they say monday if we get through.wish we had gone to Halfords now will post again when we know more.

Guest JudgeMental

no need for apology..it happens :-D My point being, if a reputable dealer it may be a genuine mistake and hard to give an opinion if you dont say who it is, or explain the circumstances of delivery and if you signed for an empty package. whoever packed MAY just have misinterpreted the order and packed the case ..that is your best case scenario i think...

I appreciate you are worried, but a bit of a pointless thread to be honest as no info?

Guest JudgeMental
misty - 2013-11-09 5:01 PM

Not much more i can say wtthout giving name.the post lady poped it through letterbox so didnot sign anything hope to find something out monday

that is good news as technically you are now not responsible!

Good! When setting it up, ensure that you have it in 'fastest' journey not 'shortest'. The former will look to put you on A roads and motorways, the latter will take you down any tiny shortcut in order to save you a few yards, irrespective of the amount of time it takes you to negotiate those lanes!

Archived