Coachbuilt ? Van Conversion?

dick GCT

HI to you m/homers out there! We have been very pleased with our PVC , a Vantage Neo, but after seeing a coachbuilt with a layout which really suits us and being a 2013 model the dealer has a good offer on,to clear showroom for 2014 models -- we are really tempted to revert to a coachbuilt.

My question for anyone who could help is twofold.

1. any one with experience of the Autosleeper Broadway EB ?Negatives/Positives welcome.

2. Any comments about dealing with Spinney Motorhomes at Cranage,nr, Holmes Chapel?

Other forum members opinions would really be welcomed. Thanks in anticipation :

Hi,we bought two motor homes from Spinney,they are simply excellent before,during &after the sale,very honestl & helpfull in every way. We didn't buy our third van from them because we wanted a Continental Adria Coral, wish we had as the third dealership was terrible.we also looked at Autosleepers,excellent we think but from our experience we wouldn't go within a mile of Marquis side of business.

Have owned an Autosleeper, and my brother has a 2008 Autosleeper Duetto, we both were well treated by Autosleepers themselves, both of us have had minor repairs done at the factory at Wllersey, nice people there, very friendly and faults were put right. A friend has an Autosleeper 'new' Coachbuilt (styrofoam) not Monocoque, they are very pleased with it. No major faults. Ray

Guest 1footinthegrave
rupert123 - 2013-11-10 8:33 PM

Another positive for Spinney motorhomes, bought two from them and their sales and backup first class. Change it, after the pokey PVC you will find it great.

Pillock. ;-) can't you read........................................."We have been very pleased with our PVC" >:-)

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-11 5:06 AM

Another positive for Spinney motorhomes, bought two from them and their sales and backup first class. Change it, after the pokey PVC you will find it great.

Pillock. ;-) can't you read........................................."We have been very pleased with our PVC" >:-)

Oooooh, Michael. Let him that is without sin, cast the first stone......" -- (but) we are really tempted to revert to a coachbuilt".

Posted in the interest of balance, of course, lol.

Guest 1footinthegrave
bolero boy - 2013-11-11 7:22 AM

Oooooh, Michael. Let him that is without sin, cast the first stone......" -- (but) we are really tempted to revert to a coachbuilt".

Posted in the interest of balance, of course, lol.

That's fair enough, but they were not asking for an opinion of PVCs, . ;-)

maybe they need some extra space if they have been down the dog rescue centre. >:-)

What a charmless bloke you are. They original poster asked about two things and I, in good faith answered. Regardless of whether he is pleased with pvc or not he is thinking of changing and wanted an opinion on Spinneys, which I gave. I also gave an opinion on the change, AN OPINION, you do not have to agree but at least I try to answer question, might be an idea for you to try it or keep your nose out.

Guest 1footinthegrave

He didn't ask for an opinion on PVCs end of. ;-)

you screwed up as you didn't notice a bloody great sliding door when you bought one, so in the pillock stakes you must be right up there at the top. ;-) but can't wait to tell the world at every opportunity how crap you think they are, a bit like your anti aire ramblings.

We too like Autosleepers and consider them one of the better made vans around these days.

The Broadway is a great van but they are quite large, meaning high and wide and will be quite different to drive after the nimble and sure footed handling of a panel van so do be sure to go for a good long test drive on a variety of roads to be sure that you can and want to live with the very different feel of a largish coachbuilt.

You also need to weigh it unladen on a weighbridge to check the actual payload will be adequate as with the addition on so many extras these days theoretical payload is quickly gobbled up.

Big coachbuilts can be a bit of a pain to park sometimes too as well as making exploring down narrow lanes and rocky outcrops on mountain roads quite 'interesting'.

We currently have a pvc after many years of coachbuilts and whilst it works well for our current usage we too may return to a coachbuilt one day so I have no bias.

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-11 10:38 AM

He didn't ask for an opinion on PVCs end of. ;-)

you screwed up as you didn't notice a bloody great sliding door when you bought one, so in the pillock stakes you must be right up there at the top. ;-) but can't wait to tell the world at every opportunity how crap you think they are, a bit like your anti aire ramblings.

Yep completely charmless.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Tracker - 2013-11-11 10:57 AM

We too like Autosleepers and consider them one of the better made vans around these days.

The Broadway is a great van but they are quite large, meaning high and wide and will be quite different to drive after the nimble and sure footed handling of a panel van so do be sure to go for a good long test drive on a variety of roads to be sure that you can and want to live with the very different feel of a largish coachbuilt.

You also need to weigh it unladen on a weighbridge to check the actual payload will be adequate as with the addition on so many extras these days theoretical payload is quickly gobbled up.

Big coachbuilts can be a bit of a pain to park sometimes too as well as making exploring down narrow lanes and rocky outcrops on mountain roads quite 'interesting'.

We currently have a pvc after many years of coachbuilts and whilst it works well for our current usage we too may return to a coachbuilt one day so I have no bias.

Yes that's exactly right, having done the Tarn gorge "the wrong way" I doubt I'd have had the side left in a coachbuilt, but we too have had CB vans, so never say never again, but to slag off someone elses choice seems less than helpful as some on here do constantly. ;-)

Archived