So will David Blunkett be labelled the new Enoch Powell.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Errr? Explain please, Onefoot.

Have I missed something? I thought that "Send the hyenas back to the jungle" referred to the press pack.

I am making a rather large assumption:- that your reference to Enoch Powell has something to do with his infamous: "Rivers of blood" speech at Birmingham in 1968 -- very few references to him are to do with any other part of his long and varied public/political life.

So, how is David Blunkett linked with that speech in any way?

I await your reply,

Colin.

Guest 1footinthegrave

British cities could be hit by rioting because of an influx of Roma migrants, David Blunkett has warned.

The former Home Secretary said ‘frictions’ with local people could lead racial tensions to ‘explode’ in a repeat of the riots that rocked Northern towns in the summer of 2001.

Mr Blunkett called on Roma migrants from Slovakia to ‘change their culture’ because their dumping of rubbish and refusal to send their children to school had caused ‘understandable tensions’ with residents in his home city of Sheffield.

Guest 1footinthegrave
malc d - 2013-11-12 1:17 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-12 12:50 PM

Sorry, am I missing something :-S

Yes.

In your first post you forgot to tell us what he'd said.

Well now you know do you have a view ? or don't you give a sh*t

;-)

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-12 1:28 PM

malc d - 2013-11-12 1:17 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-12 12:50 PM

Sorry, am I missing something :-S

Yes.

In your first post you forgot to tell us what he'd said.

Well now you know do you have a view ? or don't you give a sh*t

;-)

My view is that the politicians have let us all down very badly over immigration in recent years - it is them that don't give a sh*t.

David Blunkett is probably right, but will be attacked by people who are largely unaffected by immigration.

:-|

malc d - 2013-11-12 1:50 PM

My view is that the politicians have let us all down very badly over immigration in recent years - it is them that don't give a sh*t.

David Blunkett is probably right, but will be attacked by people who are largely unaffected by immigration.

:-|

I did catch part of a news item last week(possibly C4?),which was focusing on the influx of "Roma" families into a specific area of the UK(I didn't catch which)..and they were interviewing someone who was acting as (I paraphrase)a "Roma liaison officer" (himself,a scruffy looking Roma) and when asked what his role entailed, in very broken English he said that it was to help them sort out their,Quote: "..Housing....Jobseekers....and DLA..".. !? 8-)

Hmmmmm? :-S

I dont know about riots but i think we will see an increase in petty theft,begging etc,also from my own experience of factory work with polish,lithuanians a lot of the money they earn when working is sent/spent in their own country,one lithanian guy owned a large farm and a couple of flats in his home town! If the money isnt spent here it doesnt help our economy

Guest 1footinthegrave

We live in Gwynedd, and any proposed housing developments include a study on the impact of the Welsh language and culture before permission is granted, there is also now a proposal to charge double the amount of council tax for second home owners that are almost exclusively English owned.

Anyone proposing to move here with school age children are forced to be educated through the Welsh language, despite the fact that both Welsh and English are supposed to be of equal status, perhaps this policy of dissuasion is one that could be adopted in the rest of the UK, and perhaps that's why our area continues to be predominately White, and largely free of other ethnic groups, including us English. ;-)

Odd thing is I have never heard Gwynedd council being accused of racism.

Don't worry the pikeys will sort them out if they start collecting scrap metal and tarmacking drives. Not to mention the lucrative caravan stealing business.

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-12 6:27 PM

Anyone proposing to move here with school age children are forced to be educated through the Welsh language, despite the fact that both Welsh and English are supposed to be of equal status, perhaps this policy of dissuasion is one that could be adopted in the rest of the UK, and perhaps that's why our area continues to be predominately White, and largely free of other ethnic groups, including us English. ;-)

Odd thing is I have never heard Gwynedd council being accused of racism.

Just what the country needs - a load of Welsh speaking graduates - still never mind as long as all the benefit forms are also in Welsh I expect they will all cope whilst the rest of the UK gets on with more constructive use of their lives (lol)

The sooner the Welsh Old Pals Club gets powers to raise taxes for Welsh residents to pay for it's own idiosyncrasies so the rest of us don't have to subsidise them the better (lol)

Wales - a nation looking forward to an inglorious past.

Not necessarily so,

I have Jamaican and Indian friends who have lived in London for years,

guess who they are supporting when England plays either country at cricket!

In reply to the original posting i retired to sheffield,wish i had stayed down south,

Enoch Powells rivers of blood speach may soon become a reality

Its time to close the doors,we are loosing our identity.

Tracker - 2013-11-12 7:16 PM

The sooner the Welsh Old Pals Club gets powers to raise taxes for Welsh residents to pay for it's own idiosyncrasies so the rest of us don't have to subsidise them the better (lol)

Wales - a nation looking forward to an inglorious past.

Ah yes, I remember you being the solitary Englishman living in sunny Pembrokeshire who refused to accept free prescriptions offered to you and all the other 'subsidised' benefits whilst you lived here. Very noble of you to take that stance to support your beliefs about us 'scrounging' Welsh.

Guest 1footinthegrave
I've always thought it odd that what amounts to quite open racism between the Welsh and English, and vice versa is hardly ever acknowledged, but I suspect those same folk would condemn racism, or anti immigration viewpoints directed at any other race , funny old world.

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-12 9:49 PM

I've always thought it odd that what amounts to quite open racism between the Welsh and English, and vice versa is hardly ever acknowledged, but I suspect those same folk would condemn racism, or anti immigration viewpoints directed at any other race , funny old world.

It's exactly the same when I get called baldy , fatty , smelly spotty northern scumbag , gypsy , pig face , Tracker , sheep sh£gger , why is it acceptable for these daily insults hurled at me but mention race and .....

Archived