Where's best to Advertise if selling?

Lois

Hi Lenny, That is our van the pictures were taken after we'd had the habitation check done and we asked for advice on taking internal photos and they offered to take some for us - nice of them don't you think?

Cheers!

We advertised in MMM without a single call.  This was last April.

We eventually put it on Ebay, wonderful, we could add photos and see how many people were looking at the ad, and watching it.

Of course, people waited as long as possible to see if we would reduce the price.  In the end we had two viewings, the first were never going to buy it, they hadn't noticed we didn't have rear passenger seats, but the other people took out Helga away, and we think they'll love her as we did.

• 2 months later...

Just to update anyone who's interested, Lenny suggested I update my original thread as I'd responded to one about motorhome brokerage. This was my response ...

I know this is by now an old thread but someone has recently responded so thought I'd give my experiences on the subject and some may find it useful. We needed to sell our MH recently as we had found a replacement after much re-searching privately! We had a agreed a deal that we sell ours quickly and with a deposit we could leave picking the new van up at end of January which gave us a few months to sell our MH. I trudged through MMM ads and contacted the many ads you see for "We'll buy your Motorhome for Cash' but weren't prepared to sell our 34k motorhome for 22k! I then tried the private selling route (ebay classified). I'd priced the van very competitively and expected to get some interest, however after 2 weeks I'd had lots of 'hits' but only one call. This did result in a viewing but they were really only curious as they hadn't theirs on the market and realistically were never going to buy our van. This led to a lot of panic as it was by now racing up to Christmas (very quiet for MH sales) and we had to sell within the next month or we'd be in a position of losing our deposit on our private sale MH. I then approached motorhome depot, after some negotiation on the contract duration we let them advertise it for us, they priced it at 3k over what we'd priced it at privately as I was assured this was the going price for our MH but I couldn't get my head round the price differential as surely why would they have more success than me when I'd priced the van 3k cheaper? Fact is the van was advertised with them for 10 days and a buyer was found. It cost me 10% of the selling price but it sold quickly, they dealt with all the paperwork, finance etc and we were able to buy our new MH before christmas - job done! They were able to market and advertise more effectively, offer finance & part exchange facilities and another factor was insurance - they're covered to allow test drives (if required) whereas we had to arrange this at an additional cost on our policy or just taken them for a spin in the passenger seat (not ideal). Yes, we could of left it on ebay but I really couldn't be bothered with the hassle so I for one was impressed and would use again if selling a van over 20-25k+

Hope this helps!

Archived