Blocking members

arthur49

This is not intended to be inflammatory but is there a reason members can't block selected members?

Threads can develop into slanging matches (not humour as some might assert) and/or preferences and opinions can be rammed down others throats.

Would it not be an improvement to block contributions from those members whose contributions in the past do not interest you?

Heading for cover now........

Arthur :'(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
arthur49 - 2013-11-12 4:55 PM

Would it not be an improvement to block contributions from those members whose contributions in the past do not interest you?

Heading for cover now........

Arthur :'(

Can't see how that would work - for instance, if there was an argument going on between two, and you have ' blocked ' one of the members, you wouldn't know what the other one is talking about.

I should think that most people, after a bit of experience of the forum, choose to simply ignore contributions from certain people.

( It's not difficult to ignore some of 'em ! )

:-D

sshortcircuit - 2013-11-12 5:22 PM

Don't read them. :-D

I know.... I agree.....but I find myself reading some posts from some members and being disappointed..... again........

The ability to block would be my equivalent of going into rehab............... :$

Arthur

malc d - 2013-11-12 5:37 PM

.... if there was an argument going on between two, and you have ' blocked ' one of the members, you wouldn't know what the other one is talking about.

..... but thats not an issue? If somebody has risen to the bait and responded then I'm not interested in either contribution.........and might block the other as well? (lol)

Arthur

Guest JudgeMental
arthur49 - 2013-11-12 5:47 PM

.... if there was an argument going on between two, and you have ' blocked ' one of the members, you wouldn't know what the other one is talking about.

..... but thats not an issue? If somebody has risen to the bait and responded then I'm not interested in either contribution.........and might block the other as well? (lol)

Arthur

AGREE!....warners must make bundles out of advertising and cant be bothered to upgrade this ancient and pathetic software.....I mean you can get FREE forum software that is 100% better than this!lol

what it needs is a general upgrade.including a "like" button for when you enjoy or learn something useful from a members post

more sections as posts disappear to quickly and do not alway develop, as they just disappear...not many look beyond first couple of pages

an "ignore" button. for obvious reasons! Another forum I use has all this and more. and I have 2 members set on "Ignore". That way I don't have to endure their behaviour and peace reigns. FYI there is only one numpty on here that I would love to ignore permanently :D

maybe if they charged yearly subs as most other half decent forums do...they could get around to doing something :-S

Guest JudgeMental
euroserv - 2013-11-12 6:09 PM

Eddie,

I used Facebook for a few days and wondered why there was only a 'like' button. I wanted 'don't like' and more often than not 'don't care' would have been more appropriate. I gave up.

add them to warners to do list!lol

its beyond me I'm afraid (facebook) all my family are addicts and I can see the appeal as it draws in all family, friends and acquaintances under one umbrella. I joined a while back but could not work out how to talk privately or publicly...really nice seeing my extended irish family..but i had difficulty understanding it..funny, got and email for one of my closest cousin via facebook saying "happy b day cousin!" had to email and tell her, Errr....its not my right B day on facebook, as I hate giving personal data out..what me paranoid! :D

I dont have to time for it to be honest :-D

Guest JudgeMental
I have spent the morning out and about and this afternoon cleaning the van out. between that and trying to buy a new van..and a new house..so like I said busy

I do so understand, had to work outside in awful mild warm sunny weather repainting the big H sign of Tracker Towers Helipad, then had to take the Jag in for service, then had to pay a man to wash the yacht - well you don't really expect delicate ickle moi to risk getting my puddingy soft hands cold do you as you never know when warm hands may be needed!

It's a tough old life innit!

JudgeMental - 2013-11-12 6:49 PM

I have spent the morning out and about and this afternoon cleaning the van out. between that and trying to buy a new van..and a new house..so like I said busy

What a new van and a new house AGAIN. Do they always go to-gether Eddie ?

Good time to buy house, not sure about selling though. I guess no problem in London.

Good luck with your hunt

cleaning the van out. trying to buy a new van..

I don't believe it - you are surely not getting shot of the finest van that money can buy - absolutely perfect layout and faultless owner experience????

Or have you found one better than last years best of the best (lol)

arthur49 - 2013-11-12 5:47 PM

Arthur

I take your point Arthur - sounds like the best solution.

But there could be a downside to blocking people.

There are one or two members who are under the illusion that they speak for everyone else when arguing - so, even if I'm not interested in the subject, I feel the need to read all their posts just so I know what my opinion is.

Guest JudgeMental
PJay - 2013-11-12 7:13 PM

What a new van and a new house AGAIN. Do they always go to-gether Eddie ?

Good time to buy house, not sure about selling though. I guess no problem in London.

Good luck with your hunt

have been here for over 20 years..we sold it last year, but could not find anything so pulled out, and just as well! as prices crazy again....just moving out a bit to a smaller place, neared Mrs M's new job, to help with her commute...Probably letting out Mental Manor as london prices rising, so foolish to sell. with new e bikes costing over 6K, I don't want em hanging on a rack! *-)

PJay - 2013-11-12 7:13 PM

What a new van and a new house AGAIN. Do they always go to-gether Eddie ?.......Good luck with your hunt

Of course, you could downsize the house and "re-upsize" the van at the same time ... it's called full-timing, and you could stay in Spain ALL THE TIME Eddie!

And still keep in touch on here (I for one wouldn't block you, honest!)

I seem to recall Eddie buying the worlds all time best ever, cannot go wrong, simply the best, go anywhere, sod you lot, you never learn, always Continental, European, German, perfect for me and Mrs M, simply constructed, cannot leak, one piece roof, just right for two, who needs an oven, Spain is wonderful, never A class, Get a life, you never learn.

What happened? Surely a trifle gas flow problem didn't cause the crisis?

Guest JudgeMental
Will85 - 2013-11-12 10:54 PM

I seem to recall Eddie buying the worlds all time best ever, cannot go wrong, simply the best, go anywhere, sod you lot, you never learn, always Continental, European, German, perfect for me and Mrs M, simply constructed, cannot leak, one piece roof, just right for two, who needs an oven, Spain is wonderful, never A class, Get a life, you never learn.

What happened? Surely a trifle gas flow problem didn't cause the crisis?

think you need to put the cider away Will..what crisis..i enjoy shopping and spending money, thats why my marriage so good :D

Archived