Dicksons of Perth - Devon Conversions and Globecar

arthur49

For anyone in Scotland looking for a Devon Conversions van or Globecar, then Dicksons of Perth appear to have (very recently?) become dealers for these brands.

I've just ordered a Devon van for delivery in March 14 from Todds of Preston and find Dicksons shortly afterwards became dealers!!!!

I've no issue with Todds, so far they have been excellent, but it would have been great to have the option of a dealer 4 miles from my door :'(

I have no idea how good/experienced Dicksons are so can't comment but their website is here:

http://www.perthcaravans.co.uk/

Arthur

I was down at Todds on Monday, taking my van back for some repairs, and like you thinking it would be nice if they were a bit closer. While there I had a look at the Devon vans they have in stock, very nice too.

The Devon Conversions website isn't showing Dicksons as a dealer yet, but the section on Shows says they are exhibiting at the SECC event in February on the Dicksons stand.

I've only ever been aware of Dicksons as a car dealer, they certainly haven't gone out of their way to advertise the MH/Caravan side of their business so I'm guessing it must be a fairly recent venture.

Worth keeping an eye on.

Dicksons seem to have had a big push over the last year to build up the motorhome side of their business - clearly they see it as a good earner.

They advertise on both Ebay and Autotrader and seem to have a good turnover of used stock. In fact I'd love to know where they are getting all the used vans from as I've been keeping a fairly close eye on the private used market of late and haven't seen any these vans re-appear on their forecourt. They seem to sell too many for them all to be trade-ins so perhaps they are sourcing them further afield.

They've had a couple of vans that I'd have been very interested in if only I'd been able to get in ahead of them..

candapack - 2013-11-13 12:33 PM

...The Devon Conversions website isn't showing Dicksons as a dealer yet, but the section on Shows says they are exhibiting at the SECC event in February on the Dicksons stand.

Its in the News section Chris. Sorry, I should have included the link below

http://devonconversions.co.uk/news/

Arthur

PS we've gone for the LWB Aztec

Archived