When I'm cleaning windows

Hulguly

Hi helpfully folks,

Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem cleaning their front windscreen .

MH is an Apache 600 fiat 2.3

Tried to reach off steps ( to far away) I am not particularly an ummpa lumpa 5ft 8 tried one of these sponge and blade type sticks (rubbish), tried hanging off the door ( fell off), put feet on bonnet not a good idea. Have rheumatoid arthritis so cannot perform circus tricks.

:-(

Guest 1footinthegrave

Me and the missus get on the roof, she holds my ankles while I lean over :D

All joking apart I use an expendable stick thingy with the sponge and blade on that you found was rubbish, but with copious amounts of water first to soften up the fly squats first, I find it OK ish, perhaps it may pay you to get another ( better ) one before you give up on them altogether, but it is a pain in the proverbial isn't it ?

Stand on the front wheel, and you can reach well over half way across the screen (unless you have short arms). This way you can use a leather which cleans it much better. When I have cleaned ours I then use Rainex, this helps on the passenger side where the wipers do not clean the top left hand of the screen. This is the part that my Wife cant see out of. I also do the side windows.

Often thought about doing the Habitation windows but not sure about using it on the plastic.

Thanks for Ideas kind folks using suggestions I will :-

A) purchase a better quality sponge on stick thing have a re visit.

B) organise son in law to clean window 6ft plus chap and apply that Rainex stuff.

Standing on wheel trick Is for acrobats and circus animals

I've used the towel on the brush for years and it's perfect.

I now use the widow vacuum thingy, name slipped my memory.

You but an extension to reach the top of your screen. First class job every time, in fact I use it all over the bodywork of all my vehicles.

To remove bugs and other such muck, I use a step ladder either side of the van and can just about reach. Or my son who is tall and has long arms. I use Wynns glass cleaner for bugs and muck. You can tie a cloth around the end of an extendable brush and it works almost as well.

For general cleaning, an extendable brush with washing solution is adequate.

Why do you men fuss so much over the VAN windscreen ?? wash with a soft brush that you do the rest of the van with! rinse off with the hose pipe *-) by the time you have gone 10 minuets down the road they are mucky again :-D and by the time you reach your destination you have used the windscreen washer and mucked them up again.

Now the HOUSE that's a different matter wash/squeegee/then polish with a clean duster ;-)

Archived