armed forces campsites in portugal

brianhymer

Hi, recently taken the plunge and now early retired. Thinking of going to Portugal and Spain in January and have been informed of forces/ex forces campsites in Portugal. Believe you need to register before you travel but am having trouble finding and correct info. Anyone out there got any information would love to get some feedback. Thanks. Steve :-S

You need a form from the site and then you send it to the DA in Lisbon once you have filled it in and he checks you out and returns it.You will also need your dates for when you wish to stay on the site. I have a copy of the form somewhere in my van you will save some money but not a lot as the sites are open to the public in the winter. There is also a Police site in Tavira that is cheap to stay on from Sept to Jun we will be there from early Jan.

Dave

HI, I have managed to stop at the site in Lagos a couple of times, but the last time I tried they told me that I would need to apply through the Portuguese Embassy in the UK, so I just gave up as the pitches on the site were so small I had difficulty getting my 7.5 metre van onto them.

I have been told recently that the site at Lagos has been reorganised though, so maybe its worth a try.

Colin

Archived