Weinsberg Imperiale

robin

Hi I am new to this forum but have been a motorhomer for some years having owned a Burstner and latterly a Bessacarr. I am about to put a deposit on a new Weinsberg Imperial on a Renault Master 2.5 with the quickshift auto. This is basically the same van as the Knaus Sun Ti but without the sun roof. I am confident that the conversion is a good bet and will be a near perfect fit for oor requirements. I am just a tad concerned about the Renault side. The auto box is good to drive, but I have not heard any reports. Any advise or comments welcome ;-) Thanks Robin

Hi robin We have a Knaus Sun Ti 650MF. Had it since May and done about 2700 miles including a 28 day trip around France in May/June. It has the 2.5 dci engine with manual box. We have had a variety of motorhomes in the past with peugeot and Fiat engines from 2.2 hdi to 2.8jtd - and I can happily say this Renault is THE best chassis and engine we have had so far. It is fantastic. The low profile and low chassis give it remarkable stability and ride. The engine and gearbox is smooth and, I find, powerful enough. Much, much quieter then prvious vehicles - we can even listen to the radio whilst on the move without it being on full volume!! Over the 2700 miles we have averaged over 28 mpg (fully loaded at 3500 kgs)so I expect that to increase a bit as the engine loosens up a bit. Don't know if the Weinsberg has Aguti seats but this is the first time we have had them and, again, what an improvement. On long journeys we are not just comfortable during the journey but can actually stand upright and walk normally instead of looking like something from 'The Planet of the Apes'!! Vehicle characteristics are a subjective thing really but I have to say we are very, very, hapy with ours. Best regards, david

Thanks, David. That sounds re-assuring - I am off this p.m. to pay the deposit! The Weinsberg does have the Aguti seats, I have had these on a previous Motorhome (Fiat/Burstner) and found them a bit lacking in thigh support, principally because there is no tilt or height adjustment, and it may have been exacerbated by the swivel installation in the Fiat and the nose down tilt of the Burstner conersion. They seem to be better on the Renault - here's hoping. Robin

Archived