Truma 6002 water boiler low temperature water dump

Alan Snape

I have a Hobby FSMe 2002 the water boiler safety valve has opened and dumped the tank of water which is OK as I want to flush the tank out, I think I know how to close it but how do I get access to it?

I know where the boiler / heater is housed however cannot find an access panel! :'(

....if there isn't any easy access to the immediate area round the boiler, you may find that the valve is mounted in-line in the pipework somewhat remotely from the boiler.

If it has the original valve for that time, it will probably be dumping straight downwards, so you should be able to find the location by looking where the water is coming out.

I will be a red concave button and you pull it up to close. If you can't find it, put some water in the main tank, then turn on the pump, which will try and fill the boiler. Go outside and look where the water is dropping from and follow the pipe to where it is located.

Alan Snape - 2013-11-17 6:58 PM

I have a Hobby FSMe 2002 the water boiler safety valve has opened and dumped the tank of water which is OK as I want to flush the tank out, I think I know how to close it but how do I get access to it?

I know where the boiler / heater is housed however cannot find an access panel! :'(

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

There's a 2001 MMM-magazine report on a Hobby 750 FMSe here:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/userfiles/file/MMM%20historic%20road%20tests/Hobby%20750%20.pdf

I'm guessing from the report's photos that the Truma C-6002 heater is buried at the rear of the central kitchen-unit with the curved front doors. If that's so, then access to the heater itself won't be easy. As access to the electrical safety/drain-valve will be required to reset it, or to open it to drain the heater, even Hobby wouldn't have been perverse enough to make that impossible. (Having said that, I have a 2004 Hobby User Manual and, although this (twice) describes in some detail the safety/drain valve and its operation, where the valve is to be found in the motorhome is not revealed!)

As has already been advised, you should look for the safety/drain valve near to the heater's position and, if you still can't locate the valve, look for where the valve's drain-hose emerges from beneath the vehicle's floor.

Operating instructions for the safety/drain valve can be found here:

http://dealer.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma-Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/30_000/34000_94500.pdf

Archived