Ducato radio wiring harness

CPeachey

We have an 05 Ducato / Trigano Tribute550 type van

I want to install speakers in the habitation area connected to the radio on the dash.

The plug connecting the speakers to the radio has a full compliment of wires so I assume that 2 pairs of wires go to (non existent) rear speakers and, at the other ends there is a plug(s) dangling free and waiting for speakers.

Does anyone know where the other end of these wires finish up please?

(there are 8 wires in the harness. pins 1-4 go to RR+,RR-,RF+,RF-) ...

PINS 5-8 GO TO LF+,LF-,RLR+,LR-) (?)

I believe 'constructors' could order vehicles for conversion with a connection point that makes the connection of speakers, for example, an easier task for them rather than having to dismantle wiring in the dash. On later Ducatos this connection point is sited at the foot of the door pillar on the driver's side behind the driver's seat. The plastic shroud at the foot of the pillar has to be removed to gain access to the connection point. It likely that your speaker wires from your radio simply terminate there.

According to the designations

You quote, RR RF etc they tell you which speaker of 4 options the pins should be connected to.

RR is right rear, RF is right front, LF is left front, LR, is left rear.

the front speakers would probably be mounted in the cab doors, the rear speakers would be intended to be in suitabl positions in the habitation area.

A starting clue therefore would be to see if there are any leads installed in the door cavities, if so it might be possible to trace the routing and, may be find those for the rear speakers.

it is of course likely that no cab wiring was ever installed, in a commercial vehicle.

good luck.

Tony

I fitted rear speakers in the Habitattion area of my 2005 Autocruise, the harness was (as graham said) at the base of the Door pillar, Drivers side. Quite an easy upgrade.

I also ran a 12v+ feed from the leisure battery, to avoid the 'dreaded' 20 min 'Switchoff'.

I would be worried about doing it on the Latest vans with 'Can-bus' wiring though, a custom bought harness would have to be bought. Ray

Archived