Dr Flippin' Who?

Tracker

Possibly a contradiction in terms my point was As I have never seen an episode of Dr Who I am not aware of the program content . Yes I do watch the news daily and yes I have seen the trailers of the 50th anniversary program . The same could be said about a lot of other programs I have never watched , but then a lot of other programs do not get the full advertised coverage that Dr Who is getting at the moment.. Its a good job we are not all the same when it comes to being entertained wouldn't life be boring . My wife loves Strictly Come Dancing I don't ,I cannot stand that obnoxious geriatric has been Sir Brucey , but that's so called entertainment they get paid to do it we have to pay to watch it ,  isn't the on / off button a wonderfull thing .

Brian Kirby - 2013-11-23 5:29 PM

Be fair, Rich, he only claims to be one of a few! I have the dubious honour to have met one or two of the others, so there's some merit in the claim! :-D

It's not often I disagree with you Brian - but on this I do!

There is nobody else who is deliberately offensive at every opportunity and is unable to contribute or respond to any topic without using abuse, insults and put downs.

Unless you know different?

Tracker - 2013-11-23 6:36 PM

Brian Kirby - 2013-11-23 5:29 PM

Be fair, Rich, he only claims to be one of a few! I have the dubious honour to have met one or two of the others, so there's some merit in the claim! :-D

It's not often I disagree with you Brian - but on this I do!

There is nobody else who is deliberately offensive at every opportunity and is unable to contribute or respond to any topic without using abuse, insults and put downs.

Unless you know different?

Mel B

Now look here Tracker I watched the very first episode and when the dancing thing the wife's watching Is finished I'm shutting this down and off to watch the doctors.

Do you not realise the various doctors have saved this very planet from destruction so many times in the past speaking ill of them is really not very good form. Just think had they not done so none of us would be around to watch never mind complain about their trailers!

Just show a little respect man.

Guest pelmetman
Colin Leake - 2013-11-23 7:15 PM

Sorry :'(...............I lost all respect for Dr Who when the Daleks learn't how to climb stairs *-) .............even I know evolution doesn't work that quick ;-)

Symbol Owner - 2013-11-23 2:23 PM

Tracker - 2013-11-23 2:08 PM

Oi, Dave - you can't say that - Colin will be most upset!

Here comes one of: 'the usual suspects' -- Dave 225 -- beat me to it -- what a load of biased rubbish he spouts on here -- to talk of the licence as 'mandatory' - or, even worse, refer to it as a 'tax' as some do, is just nonsense -- no-one 'has' to buy a T.V. set and watch anything on it -- I didn't for many years -- it is a 'consumer choice' like so many things.

As for Guardian-type news reporting -- that is just a black lie - put about by the Tory press - anyone who lifts their snout above the affairs of this little island knows that the BBC is revered for its fearlass and unbiased reporting all over the world -- particularly the (radio) BBC World Service -- it's worth the licence fee for that alone.

I just don't understand Dave's last comment ( being "done twice") but 'pay per view' is only for sports fanatics who want to support the 'dirty digger' (Murdoch) surely?

Colin.

The being 'done twice' refers to my having to pay a licence but not be able to access the programmes in Europe. Pay per view or similar would mean I pay when I am here, not when I am not. As for biased news reporting the Beeb managed to include in every report on the typhoon comments regarding global warming with the inference that the 2 were connected. They still insist on reporting re the 'bedroom tax' when even they know it is not a tax. You only pay tax when you earn money. Of course stating it is a cut in benefits to those that may not need it, go unreported. Of course you will now accuse me of supporting the throwing out of helpless people on to the street, when that has never been the case. What has happened up here is that many people receiving this cut merely stopped paying their rent, so other Council tax payers are covering it for them. Quite a few others actually found work.

Sorry Colin - I feel humbled by they there revelations.

Mind you if the Doctor does indeed save planets perhaps he save a nice one for us where taxation is low, it only ever rains at night, the temperature is always between 16 and 26 degrees, nobody ever gets ill, there are no trolls or nasties, all the roads are well surfaced, scenic and quiet, and there is a free Aire with free (and clean) service point every 10 miles!

It's not asking much - is it?

pelmetman - 2013-11-23 7:25 PM

Sorry :'(...............I lost all respect for Dr Who when the Daleks learn't how to climb stairs *-) .............even I know evolution doesn't work that quick ;-)

The did not climb, they flew...Do keep up old chap.

Guest pelmetman
Dave225 - 2013-11-23 7:27 PM

Exactly!!!............how does an alien race armed only with a sink plunger and and a whisk manage to build a jet pack???? :-S................

pelmetman - 2013-11-23 7:49 PM

Exactly!!!............how does an alien race armed only with a sink plunger and and a whisk manage to build a jet pack???? :-S................

Blue Peter book Dave

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2013-11-23 7:58 PM

pelmetman - 2013-11-23 7:49 PM

Blue Peter book Dave

But who supplied the corn flake boxes and sticky back plastic? :-S....................Dam bootleggers get everywhere *-)...............

Tracker - 2013-11-23 7:27 PM

Sorry Colin - I feel humbled by they there revelations.

Mind you if the Doctor does indeed save planets perhaps he save a nice one for us where taxation is low, it only ever rains at night, the temperature is always between 16 and 26 degrees, nobody ever gets ill, there are no trolls or nasties, all the roads are well surfaced, scenic and quiet, and there is a free Aire with free (and clean) service point every 10 miles!

It's not asking much - is it?

You only have to ask him it's well within his capabilities.

Bring back Blakes Seven I say. Must have been very cost effective to make with its wobbly space ships and less than convincing sets but it was good simple entertainment. May be it should have been called Blakes Eight to include Zen the big smart computer that was very much a part of the crew.

Archived