Leisure battery charging problem

Charles Chodkowski

I have a Laika 220i motorhome and have recently returned from 2 months in Norway were we wild camped for most of the time and expeerienced no leisure battery problems. The van has been on a campsite for 17 days with mains hook up and the leisure batteries have gone flat. There is power to the van - the fridge is working and there is power to the sockets- but the interior lights and pump have stopped working. All the fuses on the control are ok. There are two 110amp leisure batteries fitted. The problem seems to be that these charge whilst on the move but not when on mains - can any one help?

I am not familiar with the Laika, but there will be a battery charger somewhere, probably close to the batteries. This will have a switch and probably a fuse. check that these are OK. You menton fuses on a control panel. Are these 12 volt fuses. If so, have you checked the switch and the fuse (or now more likely a trip switch) which control the 240 volt supply to the charger. These will be on the mains distibuter unit near to where the mains hook up lead plugs in. There are probably a few other accessories on the same circuit - are these working? Brian

Archived