Hobby premium van 65hge

hymer1942

In case you don't get a response, I note that the 65GE model was reported on in the December 2012 issue of Which Motorhome magazine. (Summary here http://tinyurl.com/p7cw4b9 )

For the 65HGE an electrically-operated above-dinette bed (photos on below link) is added to the GE's specification.

http://www.eshartleygroup.co.uk/used-cars/detail&vid=60447

If you buy a 65HGE, I bellieve you'll need to watch the overall weight, as the 65GE's payload (without the extra weight of the 2nd bed) is not that generous.

I've had a look at a couple of Renault based van premium models and was severely underwhelmed by both the design and execution.

Clashes between furniture and opening doors, the hab door retainer not engaging because the door hit the side window first!, and lots of trim coming unstuck

I would inspect very carefully if you are considering.

(and I'm a Hobby owner)

Guest JudgeMental
Barry, I though if you chopped your arm of it would have Hymer written through it, just like a stick of blackpool rock..why the change...dont think Hobby an improvement on Hymer to be honest.

Guest JudgeMental
what length van do you prefer Barry? when you get across the channel length dont matter as much...width can be more an issue generally

• 3 weeks later...

I would be very careful before buying a Hobby - spares seem to be only available on special order from germany and take an eternity to arrive - 7 weeks for a shower tray! At least that arrived - 4 months for a spare key (new van only came with one) and still waiting!!

Roy

Roy M - 2013-12-12 6:16 PM

I would be very careful before buying a Hobby - spares seem to be only available on special order from germany and take an eternity to arrive - 7 weeks for a shower tray! At least that arrived - 4 months for a spare key (new van only came with one) and still waiting!!

Roy

This earlier thread

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Buyer-beware/33061/#M395820

also mentions a new Hobby being sold with just one key, with the dealership telling the buyer initially that a 2nd key would come from the base-vehicle's manufacturer, then telling him that the key would come from Hobby, then (apparently) 'finding' the key.

Derek Uzzell - 2013-12-12 6:55 PM

This earlier thread

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Buyer-beware/33061/#M395820

also mentions a new Hobby being sold with just one key, with the dealership telling the buyer initially that a 2nd key would come from the base-vehicle's manufacturer, then telling him that the key would come from Hobby, then (apparently) 'finding' the key.

Thanks - interesting thread!

Had a look a couple of years ago with every intension that either that or the similar Fiat was to be our next van.

We could not live with that interior.

Too much Big Fat Gipsy Wedding than the usual Hobby Pikey look

Dark narrow and all bed.

HWO

Guest JudgeMental
HWO - 2013-12-12 8:32 PM

Had a look a couple of years ago with every intension that either that or the similar Fiat was to be our next van.

We could not live with that interior.

Too much Big Fat Gipsy Wedding than the usual Hobby Pikey look

Dark narrow and all bed.

HWO

Ha ha ha...yes agree the faux glass drinks cabinet with garish backlighting, alone enough to put us right off! Then the icing on the cake the cramped bed with no head room..like sleeping on a book shelf.

Guest JudgeMental
hymer1942 - 2013-12-12 8:40 PM

Hi all have since had a look in one and not impressed at all. Back to finding a LA STRADA NOVA to look at. Barrie

I still really like the la Strada avanti C exclusive ..real quality but price tag to match!

Guest JudgeMental
hymer1942 - 2013-12-13 1:06 PM

Hi all, the big problem is finding a NOVA to look at, a very scarce Van. Barrie

there is a show in Essen late February....

Archived