Updated Gaslow bottles. anyone got one.

Guest 1footinthegrave

JudgeMental - 2013-11-28 9:20 AM

As a back up in case of regulator failure, will one of these on bottle and cheap regulators be worth carrying as an emergency spare? Don't really want to get caught out again..twice was enough!

I don't know if this is correct size for a stako bottle but posted just as an example

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Propane-Gas-Regulator-hose-clips/dp/B001GYQZOE/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1385629939&sr=8-10&keywords=lpg+gas+regulator

Nope that's a UK Propane fitting, Gaslow & Stako use the German connection which is the same as a UK 4.5K Butane bottle.

Best to buy a bottle top regulator in Germany when you pick up the next van you will also need a bit of hose and hose connector that will screw onto the gas pipe that you will have to remove from the output of the regulator.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1footinthegrave
JudgeMental - 2013-11-28 11:44 AM

not a clue what size gaslow are but you may have been better of getting the 4 hole STAKO bottles from gas it as mine with handles removed fit fine....

"Size 300mm x 580mm - The carrying handle can easily be unbolted to reduce the overall height of the bottle."

http://www.gasit.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=74

Your link takes you to the Gasit branded bottle, but I see that has apparently a new style top mounted gauge...................do your Stako bottles have a gauge, if so can you comment on the accuracy ?

My Gasit bottle was very frustrating, the gauge never moved once, with the inevitable result. :-( if I had still got it I'd be having a ride up to sunny north Wales.

I'd love to know what a "Liquid Phase Seperator" separator is on the new bottle from Gasit

Guest JudgeMental
I fink they are the STAKO bottles with a "gas it" sticker on, as look identical to mine. yes gauge seems to work OK as its a mechanical float device I believe...and there is a decent amount of room above the bottle to view with phone camera or mirror.....Measure twice buy once :D

Guest 1footinthegrave
JudgeMental - 2013-11-28 1:44 PM

I fink they are the STAKO bottles with a "gas it" sticker on, as look identical to mine. yes gauge seems to work OK as its a mechanical float device I believe...and there is a decent amount of room above the bottle to view with phone camera or mirror.....Measure twice buy once :D

Thanks for the heads up................I'll ask the missus for one as my Xmas present, rather than socks. ;-)

1footinthegrave - 2013-11-28 12:08 PM

...I'd love to know what a "Liquid Phase Seperator" separator is on the new bottle from Gasit

I believe you'll find that a "Liquid Phase Separator" is the 'metal tube' thing I mentioned in my posting of 26 November 2013 2:10 PM, when I guessed that this was what Gaslow was referring to as an "internal filter" in their R67 leaflet.

Regarding translucent composite refillable bottles (eg. the "Safefill" cylinders), these invariably start out as exchange-only bottles that are adapted for refilling by adding an 80% cut-off valve.

All such bottles are 1-hole design and it may be impractical technically to construct composite gas-bottles with more than a single hole. Because they have just one hole that is both inlet and outlet, all composite refillable bottles must be disconnected to be refilled. So, although it's easy(ish) to see how much LPG is in a composite bottle, refilling is more complicated.

Archived