If you can convince yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

You will be a UKIP voter my son :D

Nice principle but is there any point?

By 2015 shutting the stable door will be a total waste of time. Stopping people from coming is an option that can be introduced, removing all the ones already here is a completely different matter. I do not really think we are up to ethnic cleansing yet plus as birthrates rocket among the incomers, it will be totally impossible within a generation. Eventually there will be integration, or tolerated segregation if you prefer, but the UK will never look the same again.

Guest pelmetman

Has integration happened with all the other migrants Dave?................maybe in Twendy Wendy Notting Hill...................But everywhere else we now have mono cultures *-)...............I had to smile when I saw an Asian chap on the telly in Sheffield, complaining about the influx of Romanians in his neighbourhood ;-)..........

Somewhat ironically though it appears Scotland will end up out of the EU if you vote SNP :D

pelmetman - 2013-11-28 2:01 PM

Has integration happened with all the other migrants Dave?................maybe in Twendy Wendy Notting Hill...................But everywhere else we now have mono cultures *-).................................

Just takes time, Dave. I gather the Anglo-Saxons and the Normans now consider themselves fairly well integrated, plus quite a few who came later! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2013-11-28 3:08 PM

pelmetman - 2013-11-28 2:01 PM

Has integration happened with all the other migrants Dave?................maybe in Twendy Wendy Notting Hill...................But everywhere else we now have mono cultures *-).................................

Just takes time, Dave. I gather the Anglo-Saxons and the Normans now consider themselves fairly well integrated, plus quite a few who came later! :-D

You have a point Brian............................but if my grade 3 CSE in history serves me correctly ;-)

It did involve a lot of raping and pillaging 8-)...........................

But only for the first 100 or so years, Dave! How d'you think the rest of us "non-immigrants" got here? :-)

Then there were Danes (more rape and pillage), Vikings (ditto), etc etc (though of course not all immigrants raped and pillaged, some just raped, some just pillaged, and some did neither).

So the Asian guy who was complaining about the projected influx of Romanians and Bulgarians was only doing what the others had done before: trying to pull up the drawbridge behind him! :-)

Guest pelmetman

Trouble is Brian there are a lot of people on this small Island, something that I'm reminded of every time I leave our rural backwater to do deliveries down South 8-)......

Our population is currently growing by 420,000 people a year, which equals a city the size of Bristol popping up every year............not only that but our population is the fastest growing in the whole of Europe........So we have one of the smallest land masses, yet are expected to accommodate the mass migration of Europeans *-).....

Its pretty clear that our services are unable to cope with the influx, our local NHS is considering having just one A&E department to serve the whole of Lincolnshire to save money 8-).........So much for the "Golden Hour" *-)...

Its pretty clear that Brussels doesn't give a dam :-|............So if we hope to retain some control over our standard of living and services, then leaving the EU is the only option, as renegotiation appears to be a non starter *-)

pelmetman - 2013-11-28 5:35 PMTrouble is Brian there are a lot of people on this small Island, something that I'm reminded of every time I leave our rural backwater to do deliveries down South 8-)......Our population is currently growing by 420,000 people a year, which equals a city the size of Bristol popping up every year............not only that but our population is the fastest growing in the whole of Europe........So we have one of the smallest land masses, yet are expected to accommodate the mass migration of Europeans *-).....Its pretty clear that our services are unable to cope with the influx, our local NHS is considering having just one A&E department to serve the whole of Lincolnshire to save money 8-).........So much for the "Golden Hour" *-)...Its pretty clear that Brussels doesn't give a dam :-|............So if we hope to retain some control over our standard of living and services, then leaving the EU is the only option, as renegotiation appears to be a non starter *-)

Once again we are back to good old Enoch............his wrongly called 'Rivers of Blood' speech predicted just this scenario...........the country overflowing with ever increasing birth rates fuelled by the influx of 'breeding immigrants', infrastructure unable to cope, the lack of integration etc.  Strangely enough it was brought about by comments he received from residents of all colours/race/creed in Wolverhampton being concerned about the foregoing concerns.

It is doubtful if any political party will ever deal with the problem effectively.........hence it looks like this country is doomed to a future of overpopulation and crumbling infrastructure.

July 2012 estimate of UK population density, from Wiki, 679 per sq mile (England 1010 per sq mile). Of 243 states listed, UK is ranked at 51, and England has the same population density as India (Ranked at 31). Of the EU states, only Malta (3,279 per sq mile), Netherlands (1023 per sq mile), and Belgium (891 per sq mile) have higher population densities than UK. A lot of the UK is relatively lightly populated, for example Scotland away from the central belt. Seems simple enough to me, send them all to Scotland and then, if they vote for independence, refuse them entry! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2013-11-28 6:28 PM

July 2012 estimate of UK population density, from Wiki, 679 per sq mile (England 1010 per sq mile).

London 600 square miles, population 8 million = 13,690 8-)

Our hamlet 1 square mile, 50 houses = 120 people :D................I know where I'd rather live ;-)

But as you say Brian we are the same as India ;-).................and the way things are going we'll soon have a third world infrastructure *-)

Except, it seems Belgium and Netherlands both have infrastructure at least as good as ours with higher pop densities.

More people should equal more tax revenue, or more potential profit for private providers, so should pay for the infrastructure required.

It ain't the size of the population that has given us knackered infrastructure, it's the lack of spending following the financial crash - cue the banks and the government. Unexpected consequences, eh? :-)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2013-11-28 7:07 PM

Except, it seems Belgium and Netherlands both have infrastructure at least as good as ours with higher pop densities.

More people should equal more tax revenue, or more potential profit for private providers, so should pay for the infrastructure required.

It ain't the size of the population that has given us knackered infrastructure, it's the lack of spending following the financial crash - cue the banks and the government. Unexpected consequences, eh? :-)

Can we expect the usual suspects to do anything about it?..............going on past performance..........fat chance *-)

More people does not necessarily equal more tax revenues.

If you have an indigenous couple both working, they produce a fair amount of tax. If they have children it is unlikely to be more than 2 as costs are expensive for childcare so they can both work. This is due to both a desire to have extra money and also a change of attitude for women working. It is now fully accepted that women will work similar patterns to men. So, a balancing act is required.

If you have an immigrant family where the wife does not work, as it is against their culture, you have only 1 tax producing citizen. Plus immigrant families usually have large numbers of children, again as a kickback to where they came from with higher child mortality etc. They may also be less likely to take anti conception measures, again as part of their culture. So you have less tax and higher costs in terms of social benefits and education. In turn the children grow up and repeat the cycle, so your population changes exponentially both in size and formality. This is something we are currently seeing despite officialdom's desire to keep it all secret.

The other point I would raise is that the Government and Media always talk about 'Net Migration' figures. This is the difference between those coming in and those leaving. However, if those leaving are our first mentioned 2 person working family looking for a better life where they are not treated like dirt, and their kids will have some form of future, and the incomers are people from the 2nd group doing the same inwards, then using net figures does not escape the fact that the actual inward movement is much higher than they record, and what we are losing are those we desperately do not want to lose.

I refer anyone to the following Report which indicates that for 2011 49% of those leaving the UK were British citizens looking for a better life and that almost half that number were from higher grade positions eg managers and professionals.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/116025/horr68-report.pdf

As for the comment about sending them all to Scotland I suggest you ask the half million English who settled up here to get away from the melee down south, whether they are in agreement with that one.

Archived