Breakdown Cover

tonyfletcher

johnnerontheroad - 2013-11-28 9:04 PM

I have not read this but may answer your question http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-chat/75270-breakdown-cover-dogs.html

Dave

I am not surprised they would not take !2 (TWELVE) dogs and 3 women , There would not have been room in the breakdown truck. I know, because we had to be towed from Scotland to Portsmouth when we had an accident in our van, not a lot of room in theses vehicle cabs.

it does say at the discretion of the recovery driver.

Must have been a large Camper to have TWELVE dogs in.

Janine the poster on MF sometimes comes on here (Well used to)

Guest JudgeMental
The point being they have a responsibility to at least move you to a place of safety ...and the resulting crash entirely foreseeable..I would sue their ass

I wonder why the recovery bloke didn't just insist on leaving the dogs in the "camper"?..maybe the owners were insisting that they travel "up front", with them?...Who knows...

BUT *12(Twelve!) dogs!?...I wasn't aware that Ifor Williams Trailers made campers!? 8-)

(..*that makes Mel seem a bit of a lightweight.... (lol) )

..and unless it was specially adapted(possibly for show dogs?) then it'd be interesting to know what the "authorities" /insurance company etc would make of lugging 12 animals in a camper'/MH..

The actual report is on MHF forum, the vehicle was apparently a commercial show dog transporter and the RAC were sending a suitable recovery vehicle when a lorry ran into the transporter.

Whether dogs are covered for onward transport if you breakdown seems to be at the discretion of the driver who arrives. But it seems something that hasn't cropped up before.

I have said this before but I will say it again.

There are some people who, because of previous attack by a dog, or indeed for no rational reason, have a genuine fear of dogs.

Would it be reasonable for them to be forced to share a small cab with even one dog?

"At the drivers discretion" is exactly as it should be.

H

Archived