a frame towing with vauxhall agila or chevy spark

bikey

Hi all<

have any of you out there have any experiance of towing a vauxhall Agila or a Chevrolet Spark with an a frame andif so whats your thoughts on either model as a cheap runaround and towcar.

please no debates on your opinions of a frame towing. thanks all.

No experience of either car, But intend to tow a Toyota Yaris (1040kg), this year, behind my Autotrail, have aquired a Car-a-tow a-frame, and will be getting the Yaris converted early next year.

Not enough GTW to use a trailer anyway. And have no-where to store it at home or on-site, the A-frame fits into a sportsbag in the garage when not in use. No contest.

Your choice of buying an 'already converted car' seems reasonable, will you be using it as your main transport at home ? My Yaris, I have owned from new, does very well on petrol, 45mpg. and don't want a 'another' car. Up till now I have hired from Enterprise when We needed a car, but was getting expensive and tedious. Ray

one or two of the Hire cars, have been Chevy Sparks, not a bad car, but I probably wouldn't buy one.

I had the older Vauxhall Agila for a number of years, almost bomb proof. Only downside was the wheel diameters are small, but at least the tyres are cheap.

If I still had it I might be tempted to A frame it, as it was only worth about £500.

That said , on general principle I would not A frame anything, that I could not afford to write off in case of mechanical damage.

Rgds

Not that we tow, but have a Suzuki Splash, (same as Agila, but enhanced spec.) as a runabout. Current models have 15" wheels so tyres no longer cheap. Great little car for our needs as with rear seats down, I can fit the wife's wheelchair in comfortably. Not easy in most small town car.

I am led to believe that the Vauxhall Agila, Suzuki Splash and the Chevrolet Spark are all the same vehicle under the badges, minor trim changes. The new version is certainly better looking than the old 'telephone box' on wheels, although it was very practical. Ray

Archived