Rapido 7065ff design edition alde heating

kevanhildred

Hi everyone

I have just bought a 2014 7065ff but for the life of me i can't find where the solar panel plugs in found some of the wiring under bed next to all the electric boxes and leisure battery. but according to the book it says there is a box to plug it in which i presume is for roof mounting. I wondered if any one else may have this model or an earlier mark, that might put me in the right direction, have searched every where i can think off :-( help *-) *-)

Kevan

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Kevan.

I can't offer practical Rapido-related advice, but I notice that there are a few on-line entries relating to connecting solar panels in Rapidos. (They may not apply to a 2014 model, but they might help.)

If you GOOGLE-search on "rapido solar panel connection" (omitting the quotes) you'll retrieve them.

I do not have solar panels, but our Rapido has a connector box in one of the cupboards, connectors on the 12 Fuse box and some wires in the battery compartment.

When I asked about installing a solar panel, the Dealer said it was just a matter of making the connections as the Rapido had installed software in the control unit to show connection ect.

Did not go further as we tend to use EHU on sites.

http://blog.roadpro.co.uk/index.php/2011/07/08/solar-powered-rapido/

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-93991-rapido-solar-panel-connections.html

Links might help

Rgds

Hi  Kevan and Welcome to the forum,  we have a Rapido 990M, it is Pre wired for a Solar panel but there is no box just 4 wires, these are loose in the Garage/Under locker next to a sign for the Solar panel, the wires two red two blue, I have trace two wires Marked as -E2 blue  +E2 Red these go to the Leisure battery but will need to be connected to a solar panel controller (not supplied) before going to the Batteries, the other two I have yet to find where they head. as I need to know myself, I intend to fit a solar panel as soon as the weather is good enough for long enough. I don't know if Rapido install a solar controller as standard, but I stand to be corrected.   Dennis

Hi again Kevan.

I found the ends of the wires I was searching for they were in a wardrobe which has the elevating handle for the TV Aerial as well as the booster box and other small 12v connectors, they were not readily accessible I had to unscrew a panel at the back of the Wardrobe which then revealed Aerial cables and the ends of the cable I was looking for in a position favourable to where I can bring the Solar panel cables through the roof ....well though out by Rapido , So I suggest you look in the area under the bed where you first found the wires then where the TV aerial comes into your Van it maybe behind a panel like mine was, hope its of some help.   Dennis

Archived