Holdsworth Sonata

alistair

Hello Alistair, you could try the Holdsworth owners club, Secretary Chris Chamberlain, Email:- ethelchaimberlain@aol.com We do not have a Sonata in the club at the moment as far as I know, but Chris may be able to give you some information. Richard Holdsworth is very active with the club, although he now designs and builds his motor homes under the name of 'Auto-Cruise CH' that is why some of the old Holdsworth model names turn up under Auto-Cruise. Richard Holdsworth holds the motor home manufacturer of the year award for his Auti-Cruise Company, so his new 'vans are still as good as the old Holsworths are. I have a Holsworth Ranger, thus my Forum Name. Cheers, hope you get the info you are after, David Powell....H.O.C.

regular, I think that John Cockburn, Chairman of Autocruise CH Ltd would be very unhappy to learn that Richard Holdsworth is connected to his company, as he rescued the failing Holdsworth Conversions company, in the 1990s, and with the assistance of Gordon Bentley, Managing Director of Autocruise, and formerly of the original Bessacar Motorhomes company, has built up the very succesful Autocruise company, without Richard Holdsworth, who has recently been associated with Autosleepers, Avondale and La Strada. The Holdsworth Sonata, however, was a panel van conversion of the original Holdsworth company, and I do not think many were built. The last one was partly converted when Holdsworth folded, and was completed by Autocruise, after the takover If you contact Richard Bentley at Autocruise he may have layout details, although this last vehicle is unique in that is badged as Auotocruise Sonata. Ken

Hi Ken, thanks for your enlightening and interesting information on Autocruise, we know about Gordon Bentley, he has been very helpful at times sourcing Holdsworth parts. I'm sorry if I upset Mr Cockburn by mentioning Richard Holsworth, but I was interested in an Autocruise, and was told by a Marquis salesman that as my Holsworth Ranger was suppled by them as they were one of the main suppliers of Holdsworth 'vans and still were in a way as the CH stood for Cockburn Holsworth. He would take mine in part-ex. He sounded very sincere about it so I took it for the truth. Having said that some salesmen will say anything if may lead to a sale. I did not buy one as they don't do automatics. I have two automatics lined up to go and have a look at. An Autotrail on a VW, and a Autohome on a Ford, Cheers Ken.

Archived