Apple battery recall

Don Madge

Apple has determined that certain lithium-ion batteries containing cells manufactured by Sony Corporation of Japan pose a safety risk that may result in overheating under rare circumstances. The affected batteries were sold worldwide from October 2003 through August 2006 for use with the following notebook computers: 12-inch iBook G4, 12-inch PowerBook G4 and 15-inch PowerBook G4. Full details at https://support.apple.com/ibook_powerbook/batteryexchange/ Regards Don

Brian, I have the Acer laptop, they recommend using it on battery until nearly exhausted, then charging while using. When using for prolonged periods on mains and after the battery has charged, removing the battery and using on mains only. If constantly charging and discharging you must be using the battery recharge cycling times life up, so my recommendation would be to remove the battery - I never do!!!! On an IBM thinkpad I had in the past, the charging circuit would cut off completely, the battery never got really hot, on this Acer it certainly gets very warm and must be trickle charging at a very high rate. The IBM I used for work as a diagnostic tool, never had a new battery after 10 years of regular use and abuse. Regards Terry

Archived