hi i need some help please

i havesundance l630 /2005

i have no 12v on the habitation side i have check all fuse that i can

find that is on the batterys and beside charger. the 240 v is ok

the charger is a nordel ettroniga

have check power comeing out

thx dave

Hi Dave

The Nordeletronica control panels & associated bits have had numerous problems. Swift dropped them in 2008/9 & they went into liquidation (have since risen from the ashes, but no presence in the UK)

Have a look on Swift Talk forum, there is a company on there (Apuljack Engineering) who are familiar with Nordeletronica & offer a repair service.

http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/

The Nordelettronica website is here

http://www.nordelettronica.it/en/index.asp

There is a UK distributor of Nordelettronica parts

http://www.caravantechnology.com/Nordelettronica-C5.aspx

This is the website of the (Somerset) company Apuljack Engineering that Flicka mentions and that can offer repairs to a range of electronic products used in leisure vehicles

http://www.apuljackengineering.co.uk/services.htm

This fault-finding guide may be helpful

http://www.sargentltd.co.uk/Nord_fault_finding_guide.pdf

Previous Nordelettronica-related forim postings are here http://tinyurl.com/o5szbs2

(If you've confirmed that 240V mains electrical power is reaching the battery-charger and that the battery-charger is working OK and charging the leisure battery, if you cannot find a failed fuse, then it may be that the problem lies with the control panel. Are there any signs of life (eg. lights illuminating) on the control panel?)

granddad - 2013-12-05 8:37 PM

hi well pauls got my charger it was beging to burn so he thinks it might be somethink else

silly q has any one any idea what it could

pic of charge to the right is a relay

Your motorhome's 12V habitation services should be powered by the leisure-battery and be usable irrespective of whether or not the vehicle is connected to a 230V power-supply.

If there's no 'life' on the habitation side when your motorhome is NOT connected to a 230V power-supply then (as brambles says) the first and obvious thing to do would be to check the leisure-battery's charge-state as, if the battery were fully discharged, that would cause your problem.

If the charge-state of the battery is OK, then the cause of the fault must be 'downstream' of the battery - a blown fuse, a loose/failed wiring connection, a control-panel fault, perhaps a relay malfunction, etc. - but the battery-charger really should not be involved.

It's possible to imagine a scenario where a leisure-battery were fully discharged and incapable of powering the 12V habitation devices, but those devices became active when the vehicle was connected to a 230V mains supply and the battery-charger was charging the leisure-battery. But, as I understand it, your Sundance's 12V habitation system remains 'dead' even when the vehicle is connected to a 230V power supply and you've confirmed that the battery-charger is (apparently) functioning properly.

Start with the battery and work systematically from there. If the battery's OK and the habitation 12V system is inoperative, there may be something simple that's wrong (like a blown fuse you've not yet found) or there may be something more serious (like a control-panel fault). Unless you get lucky, I think you'll need to involve a professional.

Derek Uzzell - 2013-12-07 9:01 AM

granddad - 2013-12-05 8:37 PM

hi well pauls got my charger it was beging to burn so he thinks it might be somethink else

silly q has any one any idea what it could

pic of charge to the right is a relay

Your motorhome's 12V habitation services should be powered by the leisure-battery and be usable irrespective of whether or not the vehicle is connected to a 230V power-supply.

If there's no 'life' on the habitation side when your motorhome is NOT connected to a 230V power-supply then (as brambles says) the first and obvious thing to do would be to check the leisure-battery's charge-state as, if the battery were fully discharged, that would cause your problem.

If the charge-state of the battery is OK, then the cause of the fault must be 'downstream' of the battery - a blown fuse, a loose/failed wiring connection, a control-panel fault, perhaps a relay malfunction, etc. - but the battery-charger really should not be involved.

It's possible to imagine a scenario where a leisure-battery were fully discharged and incapable of powering the 12V habitation devices, but those devices became active when the vehicle was connected to a 230V mains supply and the battery-charger was charging the leisure-battery. But, as I understand it, your Sundance's 12V habitation system remains 'dead' even when the vehicle is connected to a 230V power supply and you've confirmed that the battery-charger is (apparently) functioning properly.

Start with the battery and work systematically from there. If the battery's OK and the habitation 12V system is inoperative, there may be something simple that's wrong (like a blown fuse you've not yet found) or there may be something more serious (like a control-panel fault). Unless you get lucky, I think you'll need to involve a professional.

well Derek i think you might be right

NOW the lights dont work but the sockets do

granddad - 2013-12-07 10:19 PM

well Derek i think you might be right

NOW the lights dont work but the sockets do

Presumably the "sockets" you refer to are 240V mains 3-pin sockets, not 12V sockets?

If that's the case, then the fact that your motorhome's 240V sockets work has no direct bearing on your motorhome's 12V lights not working. The 240V sockets will be being powered from an external 240V mains power-supply (a 'hook-up'), but the 12V lights (and 12V sockets, water-pump, etc.) should be powered by your motorhome's leisure-battery. As I said earlier, there's the possibility that the 12V habitation system might start to function if the motorhome were connected to a mains hook-up and the battery-charger began to operate, but that's hypothetical.

To resolve the habitation 12V problem, you really need to focus on the 12V system and ignore the 240V system. As habitation 12V services (lights, water-pump, etc.) should be operative without the motorhome being on hook-up, while trying to trouble-shoot this problem, you'd be best disconnecting the motorhome from hook-up. At least then there'd be no confusion over what's powering what.

Guest 1footinthegrave
granddad - 2013-12-08 1:31 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-07 1:20 AM

Next thing to check is your spelling.[/QU

well 1foot my spelling did not help me it was derek

SO spelling does not come in to it thx

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Neither does taking the piss in pretedin yu crnt rite

Guest 1footinthegrave

It's very self evident you know your way around technology,and a new forum user that can insert pictures and animated gifs, and yet you have not heard of a spell checker, no of course not. Hard to see what fun you are getting from pretending to be a moron, when you clearly are not.

You can fool some of the people some of the time,but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. ;-)

Dave (granddad) has been an Out&AboutLive registered forum-member since 2008 (so hardly a "new forum user") but, as you'll see from his 91 'score', he only posts occasionally. His postings have always looked like those in this thread.

“Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle.” (Helen Keller)

"Tolerance isn't about not having beliefs. It's about how your beliefs lead you to treat people who disagree with you." (Timothy Keller)

“How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.” (Abraham Lincoln)

Guest 1footinthegrave

really don't know what your on about on this occasion, except thanks for taking the trouble to tell me how long he / she has been on the forums.

But I do usually know an idiot when I come across one.

Perhaps he should post in Urdu,then non of us would know what he's on about. (!)

Guest Had Enough
1footinthegrave - 2013-12-09 9:51 AM

really don't know what your on about on this occasion, except thanks for taking the trouble to tell me how long he / she has been on the forums.

But I do usually know an idiot when I come across one.

Perhaps he should post in Urdu,then non of us would know what he's on about. (!)

Well, as they say, it takes one to know one. It is clear to anyone of average intelligence that Derek Uzzell is pointing out that granddad isn't a troll who's popped in to have a laugh and that he's a genuine contributor.

But what I find amusing about you is that, in your effort to highlight other people's weaknesses, you simply show us once again that you are both deeply unpleasant and very stupid.

Deeply unpleasant because you turn almost every thread that you're in on Motorhome Matters into a hate-filled rant against someone. Your attacks on Brian Kirby for example are a disgrace.

Stupid, because every time you have the temerity to criticise someone's spelling and grammar you highlight your own inadequacies in that department.

Your usual errors show not only poor spelling but a lack of intelligence in that, to just give one example, you are incapable of working out the difference between 'your' which is a possessive pronoun as in 'that's your car ' and 'you're' which is a contraction of 'you are'. Unfortunately for you there is no spell checker that will help you with these very basic grammatical errors.

You start the post above with: 'really don't know what your on about .....'

There is no capital letter as there should be at the start of a sentence and this despite the fact that you've been back to edit the post. 'What your on about' should be 'what you're on about' because what you're writing is actually 'what you are on about'.

You then write 'then non of us would know...'. Again your spell checker won't tell you the difference between non and none! And your spell checker is clearly American as you normally spell words such as realise as realize.

When my daughter was ten years old her spelling and grammar was far superior to yours, but she is very intelligent.

The one sentence that you really should be reading and digesting goes as follows:

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Finally, and before you come back with the expected response about me. Yes, I too can be an argumentative bugger, but that's on Chatterbox which, as it happens, I've given up completely because I'm sick of your racist and homophobic rants. But this isn't Chatterbox, it's the serious part of the forum and you should desist from trying to turn it into another 1footinthegrave whinge-fest.

You reduce almost any serious topic to a nasty, hateful slanging match.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Apologies, how stupid of me not to be barely able to understand the majority of his posts, I must try harder.

" well 1 foot the last tin i woori ab iis my spelling

we not all clev like you "

As for that other narcissistic bloke the other end of the scale, I'm sure he can defend his own corner without your help

I'm just kind of in the middle, not perfect in my grammar, but I do know how to use a spell checker even if it is wrong on occasion, instead of pissing about with the kind of nonsense from Grandad, and I don't pretend to be the worlds foremost authority on almost every subject known to man aka a certain individual...................Mmmm got me wondering now, perhaps you should you be included in that description, similar style, reams and reams of text when a few words would do a lot of the time, what do you think ? .............fancy a bet that you should be ? should we have a poll ;-)

Guest Had Enough
1footinthegrave - 2013-12-09 11:19 AM

Apologies, how stupid of me not to be barely able to understand the majority of his posts, I must try harder.

" well 1 foot the last tin i woori ab iis my spelling

we not all clev like you "

As for that other narcissistic bloke the other end of the scale, I'm sure he can defend his own corner without your help

I'm just kind of in the middle, not perfect in my grammar, but I do know how to use a spell checker even if it is wrong on occasion, instead of pissing about with the kind of nonsense from Grandad, and I don't pretend to be the worlds foremost authority on almost every subject known to man aka a certain individual...................Mmmm got me wondering now, perhaps you should you be included in that description, similar style, reams and reams of text when a few words would do a lot of the time, what do you think ? .............fancy a bet that you should be ? should we have a poll ;-)

So a man who who has an encyclopaedic knowledge of motorhomes and is probably one of the most helpful contributors on here (along with Brian Kirby) is narcissistic? Well, if anything proves the point I made about your inherent unpleasantness, it's that comment.

There is nothing more narcissistic than a man who pounces on those who who spell a word that he happens to know and they don't, as in when you corrected someone for spelling there instead of their!

"Look at me, see how clever I am! I can spell something that you can't!"

But as always it backfires!

I have no further comment to make to you on this subject. This is not Chatterbox, which is the only place fit for you on here.

Just stop and think in future and desist in ruining serious threads with your bile and unpleasantness.

Archived