So whose crazy idea was it to want to live in a box on wheels

Will86

I may be an odd character but my philosophy in life regards buying any product at whatever price is similar to gambling, do not spend the money unless you can afford to lose it. That's how it is in this house Believe no one and trust no one. And never believe what you read..

My view is that everyone is out to rook me of my dosh. There are no nice people selling nice things. Each and every one out there is aiming to become richer by making me poorer.

So why do people want to even THINK about buying a box on wheels to live in (sometimes), or go park in a field. The whole idea is crazy.

He's got one so why can't I have one? Mine is bigger than yours. The wife says Mrs T has a very posh one and I want one better than hers. Greed is the answer simple.

Guest pelmetman
Will85 - 2013-12-02 4:57 PM

I may be an odd character

Its an essential qualification on here Will ;-)........................ :D

Guest JudgeMental

most of us own "leisure" vehicles..and have no interest in living in them, wrong forum for full timing info to be honest..Out of interest what is your tipple Will :-D

I admire your financial attitude as its similar to mine...Walking around at shows seeing really naive, enthusiastic people, like kids in a candy store, admiring all the big shiny white boxes...Really need to look in on forums like this and engage the brains a bit more, before entering a world of grief that can sometimes accompany a rash purchase....and we just pick up the pieces :-S

Guest JudgeMental
david lloyd - 2013-12-02 7:11 PM

colin - 2013-12-02 5:25 PM

My great great grand parents where living in a box on wheels,

He were lucky..............mine lived in hole in't road.......

I'll have whatever Will's on........

Me as well...

Hole in the road?.........unadulterated LUXURY!..we lived in an old shoe by side of a tip :-S

Guest 1footinthegrave
I'm trying to work out what is craziest, to live in a Barrett box all ones lives and see the same view every day, or a box on wheels and see a different view each day, mmmmmmm

Guest 1footinthegrave
I remember my kids saying when they were very small " Dad it's snowing" I said "where", they said " in the bedroom" :-( it was in fact a very hard frost on the inside of the windows, as happened most winters

Archiesgrandad - 2013-12-06 1:28 PM

We were so poor that in the winter my Dad used to suck a Polo mint and breathe on us to keep us warm.

AGD

Since we've gone up int' world we have stopped using Polos and now suck a Fisherman's Friend. Tell folk you have just sucked a Fisherman's Friend today and yer'd get arrested.

Archived