PETS scheme Vets

John NG5

Hi all, having taken the plunge and gotten started I don't feel so shy among all the veterans of this excellent forum. I am a dog owner and planning an extended tour in Europe next year with my dog Kester, (he has now got his passport), so have been researching the subject of vets in Europe. I have spent hours reading previous threads on the forum and have found useful information on this subject. I did find a website myself and thought it may be of help to users in the future and it's listed below. www.ledogstop.com/pages/travel_scheme_vets.html I hope this will be of help! John 8-) PS. I have to say the reparte among the veterans gives me a lift on bad days. Keep up the good work Michelle.

Thanks for that John :-) I will have a look at that site. We have used a few vets since we've been going over. We have also looked at : www.pagesjaunes.fr We put in veterinaire at top box and then at the bottom box put in the department number and click rechercher and up comes a list of vets in that area. They do seem to have improved the yellow pages. Often you can get a map showing where the vets are. Rita

just for information:- we stayed at the c&cc rally site la bohat at sarzeau earlier this year and found a vet just up the road off the roundabout before super u. a dr lucet.tele 02 97 41 39 34. the visit was arranged by the site reception. it's was just right to have our cat checked & her passport stamped giving plenty of time to get to st malo. cheapest vets bill we've had as well.very nice bloke who speaks good english.

Also for anyone using Norfolkline. We found a good vets at Ieper in Belgium. Campsite not far away, 10 min walk away. Also cheapest vet we have used about 26€. Goudenpoortstraat 1 8900 Ieper tel 00 32 57 20 95 82 email@ info@dierenartsenpraktijkdgp.be

Archived