Is it true, I heard a Black man has died

Guest 1footinthegrave

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-07 1:15 AM

Is it me,or has the endless coverage of this been way over the top ? especially by the BBC

No, not just you, Mike, it has been WAY over the top -- not just on BBC national T.V., but local coverage here and in places like Leeds as well.

For once I agree with something that Mrs. Thatcher once said:the man was a 'terrorist' - so, just because he rehabilitated himself to become black 'Royalty' in his own country, need we join in the mourning quite so much? I was always surprised that the Boers didn't hang him -- martyrs can't become Presidents.

Colin.

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-07 9:17 AM

I wonder if Gerry Adams, or Martin McGuiness will get the same coverage when they croak :D

If they manage to get peace there, then yes they will. Just look at some other 'terrorist's' like Golda Meir or Kenyatta.....terrorist's then respected statesmen. Funny old world isn't it.

Dave

Guest pelmetman

One persons terrorist is another's patriot :-|.....................

Its a bit like the Geneva Convention is a salve to the concience of the hypocritic classes (Politicians) *-)..........

Yet its they who often start the wars >:-(......

Guest 1footinthegrave

I'm loath to say this, but I will, is the fawning admiration anything to do with his skin colour I wonder ?

And all is not well in SA despite Mandela

Armed struggle against apartheid and violent backlash that followed have led to a normalisation of violence, say experts (!)

Guest 1footinthegrave
Blimey, update Sunday night................they are still banging on about him.......................and looks like whole lot more this coming week with his funeral, and lying in state....................plus the green agenda going out the window as all these dignitaries fly in from all over the world, what a load of................... still a nice day out in the sunshine for them I guess. ;-)

Guest pelmetman

Not to mention the odd Selfie by leaders of the free world 8-)...................

I get the feeling this world is still a work in progress *-)........

Guest 1footinthegrave

And still it goes on and on..................................glad my licence fee isn't being squandered though, the BBC only sent around 100 staff to cover it. 8-)

But had to laugh at hearing the Black African bloke doing the deaf signing language at the stadium is being investigated because he was just waving his arms around.. :D :D

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-11 6:47 PM

And still it goes on and on..................................glad my licence fee isn't being squandered though, the BBC only sent around 100 staff to cover it. 8-)

But had to laugh at hearing the Black African bloke doing the deaf signing language at the stadium is being investigated because he was just waving his arms around.. :D :D

Mike it,s on bbc2 now if you want an update :D

Guest 1footinthegrave
bigal55 - 2013-12-11 7:04 PM

Wow thanks for that, I'd have hated to miss it. 8-) :D

One thing does surprise me is where is all dem white folk at. ;-)

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-11 7:12 PM

bigal55 - 2013-12-11 7:04 PM

Wow thanks for that, I'd have hated to miss it. 8-) :D

:-(

keeping a low profile from now on , i.mo. i think mandeles claim to fame is that he appeared to be the only black african leader who wasn,t openly corrupt, watch this space, S.A. read the arab spring.

Guest pelmetman
1footinthegrave - 2013-12-11 7:12 PM

Did you not see Blair >:-)..............sat in the corner all on his lonesome ;-)...........

Guest 1footinthegrave
antony1969 - 2013-12-13 12:11 PM

140 BBC staff sent to cover Mandelas death , glad to be a license fee payer ?

Not to mention Dimbleby and all his crew for last nights Question time, pity I couldn't hardly understand a word :-S and that pillock Peter Hain,no doubt on expenses.

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-13 7:11 PM
antony1969 - 2013-12-13 12:11 PM140 BBC staff sent to cover Mandelas death , glad to be a license fee payer ?
Not to mention Dimbleby and all his crew for last nights Question time, pity I couldn't hardly understand a word :-S and that pillock Peter Hain,no doubt on expenses.

They flew Peter Hain out business class...circa £5500 a ticket..........plus hotel and probably expenses and a fat fee.  I also wonder, having been in/around the airfreight business for decades just how much the Question Time set cost to air freight out and back......not to mention the additional costs incurred getting the camera crews, directors, sound recordists, set builders etc out there and accommodated/fed/transported etc etc?  Makes my licence fee paying blood boil!!!!

Oh and as for the 'show'...I had to switch off after struggling for 5 minutes to understand some of the 'accents' and the sound balance between panelists/audience was crap. 

Guest 1footinthegrave
I thought it spoke volumes that most of the audience, and the panellists seemed that if they had been let loose with some machetes there would have been a blood bath...............so much for Mandela and his legacy. :D

What fascinates me is the amount of coverage the papers have given it. Page after page in The Telegraph. I certainly have not felt the need to read it all even if I had the time. I simply miss out the relevant pages just as I did for the recent Royal wedding and the birth of young George. I just wonder how many people do read all the coverage. Certainly most of my friends who I've asked don't.

Out of interest has anyone on here bothered to read it all?

Archived