Winter - 2007 Ace Airstream

Secondlife

Guest 1footinthegrave
We were for some years resident caretakers of an old large country house, this was always mice trap time, with htem seemingly running in to escape the cold, my preferred bait was little cut pieces of Cadburys chocolate fudge bars. We like others used to use the old fashioned wooden traps, we would set 20 traps, it was a big old rambling place, our best catch was 16 in one night, then over the course of the winter it would lessen until early spring when the traps would remain empty, and with few exceptions they would stay empty until late autumn, then whole cycle started over again. One thing that I always wondered about was the attraction for wire insulation, and plastic plumbing, but one thing was for certain they were little buggers, and never seemed to learn from their pals with surprised expressions in a trap, and that maybe attempting to nick my chocolate wasn't such a good idea. :D

Hell 16 thats a wonderful number, Last night I only caught 1 the most has been 3. Your lot obviously had a lot of competition so queued up to get caught.

I found the best way to position the trap is make a corridor so they can only face the bait from one way the front. I also bait the trap unset for a night so they get used to it.

Archived