A load of crap, or worth a punt, external / internal screens

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest JudgeMental
Without seeing impossible to tell but look flimsy and thin compared to main players....can't find a review anywhere. For summer use probably good enough, but for full on winter use probably not I suspect....

Guest 1footinthegrave
lennyhb - 2013-12-09 9:35 AM

Those are for an X250 I thought yours was an X244?

Ah well spotted,but they do have the older ducato listed as well, ;-) to be honest we never used the one we had before, but thinking now that our latest van has the front seats that form part of the living space they may be worth a go, either internal or external

Definitely not worth a punt.

We ( I) bought a set identical to these at the Malvern show - as a result of being temporarily seduced and blinded by the price of 30 quid, and they are rubbish.

The material is a non-reinforced vinyl, the straps which are supposed to grip in the door don't, and the fixing around the mirror needed modifying to make it work.

All we're waiting for now is a really gusty night (outside) to tear them to pieces before doing what we should have done in the first place by buying a decent set.

Just looking at the pictures you can see that they are thin, the way they are creased and the fold that appears on the side view means they must be totally useless in winter with no real thermal properties at all.

Instead of buying new, why not go for a good second hand set as they tend not to get a lot of use so there should be some with a lot of life left in them out there for a fraction of the price. Try Ebay or look on the Buy and Sell sections of forums etc.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Mel B - 2013-12-09 7:38 PM

Just looking at the pictures you can see that they are thin, the way they are creased and the fold that appears on the side view means they must be totally useless in winter with no real thermal properties at all.

Instead of buying new, why not go for a good second hand set as they tend not to get a lot of use so there should be some with a lot of life left in them out there for a fraction of the price. Try Ebay or look on the Buy and Sell sections of forums etc.

Or I could ask the bloke in our village to give me our last ones back that I gave him for nothing. :D

They look a better fit than the 'Milenco' versions, but look flimsy and not very well padded.

look for a second hand set on E-Bay, or on MMMs, especially if yours isn't an X250.

They are usually £50 or so, for a set in good condition. And they WILL last. You'll probably end up selling them again when you upgrade your Van. Ray

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorhome-Silver-Screens-/221331435907?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item338861b183

Derek Pringle. ....I wish I'd discovered the longer ones that cover the vent in the bonnet before I bought the polar ones I have now I put mine on when it's in storage (keeps windscreen clean and you don't get the drip stains off over cab) and I wish I'd spotted the longer ones first they seem more substantial. Pp

Archived